Three-bean soup with turkey meatballs and Dijon mustard dumplings
Three-bean soup with turkey meatballs and Dijon mustard dumplings
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time50 mins
For the dumplings
For the turkey meatballs
2) In a saucepan add beef stock and bring to the boil on a medium heat, once the vegetables have softened add the simmering stock to the Dutch oven. (We should never add a cold liquid to an already heated pot as it dramatically drops the heat and slows down the cooking process.)
3) As the stock is at temperature, add the lentils, barley and stir. Place the lid back on and let the mixture cook for 5 minutes. Then add the drained and rinsed beans and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
4) Make the meatballs. In a heated skillet add olive oil and onions. Slightly cook them for about 5 minutes (we want the onions softened not coloured). Place into a bowl and let cool.
5) Take the broken up bread and place into a bowl with the milk. Let the bread soak for 5 minutes. Squeeze and drain the bread then place it into a large mixing bowl. Add the turkey, beaten eggs, chopped parsley, salt, black pepper, golden sultanas and toasted pine nuts.
6) Fold all ingredients together. Do not over work the turkey.
7) Fill a Dutch oven with vegetable oil and place on low heat. Dust a baking sheet with about 2cm of flour.
8) In your hands scoop up a two-finger portion of the turkey mixture and with the palm of your hands shape the balls a little larger than a golf ball. As you make the balls add them to the baking tray with the flour and roll them until evenly coated.
9) Carefully add the meatballs to the oil and brown for about 6 minutes. Transfer turkey meatballs to a plate and set aside for bean soup. Pour excess oil into a bowl.
10) Add the browned turkey meatballs to the stock. Meanwhile, begin making your dumplings.
11) In a mixing bowl add the flour, salt, baking powder and Dijon mustard. Sparingly add the water to the mixture and fold mixture until it forms a dough. With 2 tablespoons, mould your dumplings 5cm in diameter then drop them into the already simmering turkey meatballs and bean soup. Cook together for an additional 25 minutes with the lid on.
Once the dumplings have risen and expanded, serve!
Other recipes with beef
Spicy Juicy Lucy-fer Sliders
Smokey apple cinnamon meatloaf
Cast Iron Fillet Steaks with Roasted Shallots
Tempura Octopus Hot Dog Bites
Chilli con Carne
Pasta with Beef Ragu and Braciole
Slow cooker ginger-soy short ribs and green rice with lime
Slow cooker Moroccan brisket with red onions and apricot couscous
Scott's short ribs
Sumptuous Ostrich Stew
Oxtail and Watercress with Black Pudding Polenta
Corned Beef and Cabbage
Slow cooked Korean-style short rib soup
Chili con Carne
Other recipes with bean
Broccoli and French Beans
Winter Vegetable Soup
Black Bean Scallops with Samphire and Rice Noodles
Chilli con Carne
Minestrone Soup with Beans
White Bean and Chicken Chili
Slow-cooker Bean and Barley Soup
Black Bean Soup with Mojo
Slow Cooker Chicken Chilli
New York-Style Chopped Salad
Sous Vide Cod with Chilli, Garlic and Coriander Butter with Cherry Tomato and Chorizo Ragu
Sesame Balls with Red Bean Paste and Bananas
Chicken, Leek and Mushroom Pie
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Holiday Baking Championship: Gingerbread Showdown
Teams tackle themed gingerbread build challenges for a prize worth $10,000.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Christmas Cookie Challenge
Bakers compete to make awesome holiday cookies in hopes of winning $10,000.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Home Cooking
Gordon Ramsay shares his top recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Duff Goldman challenges talented bakers from across America to a spooky baking competition. These experts go head to head to see who can impress the judges with their edible Halloween creations for a chance to win the $10,000 prize.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Beasts And Bourbon
Four chefs are challenged to make a meal using high rye bourbon and bison ribeye. Later, they must create a dessert featuring chunky blue cheese dressing.
Guy Fieri brings together four all-star chefs to test their burger-making prowess. In one round, they must make an over-the-top burger and fries combo.
GGG Winning Teams
Winning teams from previous competitions are back for another culinary battle. In one game, they must shop without carts for their surf and turf ingredients.
GGG Winners And Their Dads
Four winners are joined by their fathers to take on Guy’s culinary challenges. The team who emerges victorious will win a prize worth up to $20,000.
Big Budget Bonanza
Four chefs take on Guy Fieri’s brutal budget bonanza. In one round, a wheel determines what ingredients the chefs can use for their breakfast creations.
Five-Dollar Price Check
Guy Fieri challenges four talented chefs to only shop for ingredients under $5. The most budget-savvy chef will win a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
Allegra is in Antalya to sample a traditional Turkish breakfast, before exploring one the city’s largest markets. Later, she cooks prawns Halicarnassus.
Allegra continues her culinary adventure in Aydin, where she meets one of Turkey’s largest olive oil producers. Plus, she shares her recipe for poached quince.
Here To Persevere!
Host Ted Allen challenges four chefs to make an appetiser using cocktail fruit slices, canned clam sauce and sausage-stuffed pancakes on sticks.
Grandma Grocery Games
Guy Fieri welcomes four grandmothers to show off their culinary skills. In one round, they must cook their most requested family dish.
All ABC Games
Guy Fieri invites chefs to compete in three rounds featuring seafood and fried ingredients. The winner will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
All-Stars' Full Meal
Celebrity chefs take on three-course meal challenges. In one round, the chefs must include a special ingredient of Guy's choosing in their international dish.
Guy Fieri welcomes three couples to take on his culinary games. In one round, the loved-up duos must work against the clock to make a wedding dinner.
Pro Athletes And Judges
Guy invites three professional athletes to test their culinary skills. In one round, the sporting stars must shop for their ingredients while blindfolded.
Allegra travels to the Aegean coast and explores the diet of Turkey’s past. Back at home, she feels inspired to make a tasty artichoke and sausage salad.
Allegra heads to the vibrant city of Bursa and explores the morning food markets. Later, she learns from the grandson of the man who invented the doner kebab.
Three teams of chefs represent their restaurants as they compete in two action-packed rounds. The winning team will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to get creative and assemble tasty sandwiches. The chef who has the most skill between two slices of bread will win up to $20,000.
Guy Fieri gives four home cooks a chance to prove their culinary skills. The rookie who best rises to the challenge will win a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.