Tiger Prawn Yum with Lemongrass
For the Prawn Marinade
For the Yum Salad
For the Prawn Marinade:
1. In a pestle and mortar take the lemongrass, Kaffir lime leaves, bird's eye chilli, white peppercorns and the garlic. Grind to a paste before adding the cream of coconut.
2. Mix well to incorporate all the flavours, transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the prawns before leaving to marinate for a good half an hour.
3. Cook the prawns on a hot griddle or frying pan for about 3 minutes on each side.
For the Salad and Dressing:
1. In the meantime, pour the fish sauce and sugar into a small saucepan and heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the lime juice and set aside.
2. Heat a large wok or frying pan and add the lemongrass, shallots, ginger and bird's eye chillies. Sauté for a couple of minutes and then add the marinated prawns.
3. Pour over the fish sauce mixture, lime juice and combine thoroughly.
4. Now add the spring onions, coriander, mint leaves, basil leaves and julienned Kaffir lime leaves and mix well.
5. Spoon onto plates and garnish with the reserved coriander sprigs, chilli strips and a sprinkling of the ground sticky rice. Serve with lime wedges.