Tom Kerridge's Barbecued Seafood Platter
- Preparation Time40 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
SMOKED PAPRIKA NDUJA BUTTER
LEMONGRASS AND CHILLI BUTTER
1. Start up the BBQ and leave so that the coals start to turn white.
2. Prepare your butters first. Mix the ingredients together for the Nduja butter and place into a saucepan. Place the saucepan on the BBQ and let it cook for a few minutes.
3. Next mix all the ingredients together for the Seaweed butter and the Lemongrass and chilli butter, set aside until needed.
4. Prepare the squid next. Lay each one on the chopping board and cut in half lengthways. Scrape the inside layer and score the squid with a sharp knife. Set aside until needed.
5. To cook all of the shellfish simply start in this order, place the scallops straight onto the coals of the bbq and lay the oysters in front of the coals. Add a little butter to each of these if you want to flavour them while they are cooking.
6. Halfway through the cooking time lay on the razor clams, langoustines, and prawns as these will cook a lot quicker than the others.
7. Add the squid at the last minute. Lay them onto a tray and drizzle with a little olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and turn them over and do the same thing. Lay these directly onto the grill of the BBQ and as they cook, brush them with your favourite butter. They will only take 1-2 minutes to cook.
8. When the seafood has cooked, lay on a tray, and keep warm near the BBQ.
9. Then grab your serving platter and sprinkle the samphire all over it, in a single layer.
10. Next lay all your cooked seafood on your platter and garnish with lemon cheeks. Spoon any leftover butters into small dishes and serve alongside the seafood so that people can add more themselves.
Serve with hot crusty baguettes and wedges of lemon.