Tom Kerridge's BBQ Chicken wings in 3 ways
- Preparation Time40 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
SOY AND HONEY GLAZE
1. Whisk the ingredients together for the brine until the salt has dissolved. Place the chicken wings in the brine and place in the fridge overnight. Remove from the brine and pat each piece of wing dry with some paper towel.
2. Heat your BBQ and make sure that you have started it at least 20 minutes before you want to start cooking your wings.
3. To make the Korean glaze add all of the ingredients to a pan and bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for around 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and keep to one side.
4. For the honey soy glaze, simply whisk all the ingredients in a bowl and keep to the side ready for brushing on.
5. For the mustard glaze put the butter, vinegar, mustard, and maple into a pan, melt together and keep warm.
6. Place the wings onto the BBQ and leave to cook for around 10 – 12 minutes. Make sure you turn them at least once. You want them to brown up a bit on each side.
7. Once the wings are at this point, begin glazing them. Glaze 1/3rd of them with the Korean glaze, 1/3rd with the maple and mustard glaze and 1/3rd with the Honey and soy glaze. Continue to cook for a further minute or so. Then turn the wings and glaze the other side.
8. Continue to glaze and turn and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Remove them from the BBQ and generously brush with a little extra glaze.
9. Once glazed and slightly charred, remove the wings from the BBQ and rest for a minute or so and serve. Sprinkle the Korean wings with the black sesame seeds and sliced white part of the spring onions. Sprinkle the honey and soy wings with roasted sesame seeds and the sliced green parts of the spring onions. The Maple and mustard ones do not need any garnish.
Serve immediately and let everyone help themselves.