Tom Kerridge's BBQ Thai Style Starter
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
GREEN PAPAYA SALAD
1. Cut each chicken thigh into quarters. Place in a bowl along with the tamarind, lemongrass, thai soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar, ginger, and kaffir.
2. Mix well and leave to marinate for a minimum of 20 minutes. Meanwhile, soak 4 wooden skewers in a tray of water.
3. Place your green papaya in a large mixing bowl. Prepare the salad by placing the shallots, chillies, garlic, palm sugar, fish sauce and lime juice in the base of your pestle and mortar. Bash these ingredients together well to create the base of the dressing.
4. Then add the cherry tomatoes and green beans and bash together again. Add your dressing, tomatoes and green beans to the papaya bowl and mix up well so they soak up all the wonderful flavours from that dressing.
5. Skewer the chicken on to the skewers. Cook the skewers on the BBQ for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until charred and cooked through. Divide the salad between 2 plates and serve the chicken skewers alongside. Sprinkle with peanuts for extra crunch.