Tom Kerridge's Grilled John Dory with Smoked Potato Salad
A seafront restaurant classic!
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
1. Place the olive oil, salt herbs and spices into a shallow sided tray and mix with a spoon.
2. Next lay the John dory onto a chopping board, make three slices into the fish on both sides.
3. This will allow the fish to cook quicker and crisp up the skin easier.
4. Then lay the fish onto the spice rub and massage into the fish making sure you work it into those cut marks.
5. Once the coals are ready, lay the fish directly onto the hot grill and leave them so that the skin starts to crisp up and blister (5 or 6 minutes). Do not be scared at leaving it a little longer, charred fish skin is stunning slightly sweet, savoury, and crispy.
6. Then carefully turn the fish over and continue to cook for the same time.
7. Remove the fish from the BBQ and lay onto a serving plate, squeeze over the lemon juice, and leave rest for three minutes.