Tom Kerridge's Grilled Spring Cabbage Caesar Salad
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time30 mins
1. First preheat the BBQ or chargrill and cut the cabbage in half through the root so that it stays intact.
2. Then mix the sourdough and melted butter, oil and garlic together and bake for 15 minutes under the grill, making sure you stir so they toast evenly.
3. Season the cabbage lightly with olive oil and salt.
4. Then place the cabbage flat side down onto the grill and leave for 8 minutes or so. Until properly charred and crispy.
5. Flip the cabbage over and spray with some water and this time cover loosely with tin foil so that the cabbage steams slightly.
6. Once cooked remove to one side and now make the dressing (you want a bit of bite to the cabbage) .
7. In a bowl mix the salt, garlic, mustard, anchovies, parmesan and lemon juice. Add a little milk to loosen the dressing if needed.
8. To serve, drizzle the cabbage from side to side to cover the entire grilled cabbage.
9. Sprinkle over the baked croutons and anchovies.
10. Finally, microplane grate over the parmesan and serve.