Tom Kerridge's Spanish Style Chorizo Burger
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time30 mins
CHUNKY ROMESCO SALSA
PICKLED RED ONIONS
1. Firstly, add the cider vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, star anise to a small saucepan.
2. Place the saucepan onto the hot part of the BBQ and bring the mixture up to the boil.
3. Place the onions into a small heatproof bowl. Once the sugar has dissolved pour over the sliced onion and leave to cool. Once cool add the pickled dill.
4. Next to make the salsa, put the peppers onto a BBQ grill and char each pepper until the skin starts blister and char. This will give the salsa a lovely smoky finish.
5. After each pepper has been charred, remove from the BBQ and wrap in cling film and leave the pepper to cool.
6. Once cool remove the cling film from the bowl. Peel the skin off the peppers with a sharp knife and remove the seeds.
7. Cut the flesh off each pepper, discarding any seeds and juice. Dice the pepper into ½ cm dice and add to the bowl .
8. Chop the roasted nuts roughly then add these to the peppers along with the toasted crumbs, tomatoes, chilli, parsley and cracked black pepper.
9. To make the pork burger add the spices, chorizo, pork, mince, onion, garlic.
10. Add the bicarb, salt and thyme and work together until you have a large spicy pork ball. Divide the pork mixture into 4 even sized patties.
11. Lay onto a tray and cover with cling film and place in the fridge to firm up and allow the spices to marinade through the meat.
12. Once you are ready and your BBQ is good to cook on, remove the burgers from the fridge. Brush each side with a little oil and lay them onto the BBQ and cook for 3 or 4 minutes until you get a really good charring to the burger.
13. Flip over and repeat the colouring, turn the burger over once more and brush with a little melted butter and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
14. Add the manchego and remove the burger from the BBQ.
15. Dress the Padron pepper with oil and salt and throw on to the hot BBQ and cook for a couple of minutes.
16. Once cooked remove them from the BBQ and thread them onto the wood skewers.
17. Build the burgers into a toasted brioche bun top off with the salsa, pickled red onions and serrano ham.
18. Once the burger is built skewer the top with the Padron pepper skewers to hold the burger in place.