Tom Kerridge's Sticky BBQ Short Ribs with Potato Salad
- Cooking Time240 mins
BRITISH STYLE SHORT RIB DRY CURE MIX
1. Mix all of the dry cure ingredients and rub them all completely into the beef portions. Place the beef into a large plastic container and cover with the remaining cure mix. Put the lid on and place into a fridge for 8 hours.
2. In a separate large bowl, whisk together all the BBQ glaze ingredients keep in the fridge till needed.
3. After the short ribs have had 8 hours of curing, lightly dust the cure mix of each rib and place into a large lined deep oven dish. Pour over the glaze and cover with foil tightly with foil.
4. Place it into a preheated BBQ at 130°C and cook very slowly for 4 hours. Make sure the glaze does not evaporate. If it is reducing too much, add some water.
5. Remove the short ribs from the BBQ and increase the heat of the BBQ to make the potato salad.
6. Place the potatoes, garlic, rosemary, and olive oil onto a large tray. Season well with salt and pepper and toss together. Next lay the tray directly onto the BBQ and cook for 3 minutes and then give the potatoes a good shake and cook for the same time again and then remove from the BBQ once they are hot.
7. Next, pick out the hot potatoes and place them into a mixing bowl. Add the honey, mustard, chives, and parsley, toss them well to coat in the dressing and leave to stand and soak up the flavour.
8. When the beef is cooked remove from the BBQ and leave it to stand for a few minutes before serving with the reduced BBQ glaze. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle a little flat leaf parsley over them.
Serve with the warm new potato salad, alongside.