Tom Kerridge's Sweet Charred Nectarines
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time5 mins
1. Brush the flat side of each nectarine half with a little rapeseed oil. Place them flat side down onto a hot BBQ for around 30 seconds to 1 minute or until you get a lovely light char on one side.
2. Remove them from the BBQ and place them onto a metal tray, flat side up.
3. While the nectarines are cooling whip the cream, icing sugar and verbena until soft peaks.
4. Sprinkle a light layer of caster sugar onto the flat side of each nectarine. Place them on the edges of the BBQ flat side up and then run a blow torch over the sugar until they caramelize.
5. To serve place two nectarine halves onto each plate. Spoon on large dollops of the lemon verbena cream. Crush a shortbread biscuit over the cream and add a couple of raspberries and verbena sprigs to each plate.