Trio of Spring Rolls with Dipping Sauce
For the Crab and Prawn Rolls
For the Fried Mushroom and Sweet Potato Spring Rolls
For the Duck and Mango Rolls
For the Dipping Sauce
For the Crab and Prawn Rolls
1. Mix together the crabmeat and the vermicelli into a mixing bowl. Mix well and add the coriander root and then season with salt and pepper.
2. To prepare the papers: Dip rice paper sheets two at a time into cold water for 10-20 seconds and place on a flat clean surface.
3. Lay a couple of Perilla leaves one third from the bottom of each sheet making sure there is enough space on either sides to fold in the sheet. Then do the same on top with sweet basil leaves.
4. Put some of the crab mixture on top of the leaves with a couple of strands of red chilli and spring onion and some coriander. Then add three prawns on top.
5. Tuck in either sides of each sheet, lift the bottom edge up and over the filling, tightly roll the paper away from you, turning once.
6. Arrange three prawns end to end in a row on the rice paper, then roll another turn to enclose the prawns. Continue to roll as tightly as possible tucking in the sides until you have achieved a compact cylinder.
7. Arrange on a platter and serve with the dipping sauce.
For the Fried Mushroom and Sweet Potato Spring Rolls:
1. In a frying pan, heat the oil over a medium -high heat, And fry shallots, garlic and chilies. Then add carrot, sweet potato and shiitake mushrooms and continue to fry.
2. Next, add the Vietnamese essentials, finely chopped lime leaves, a dash of soy sauce and fish sauce.
3. Sauté for only approximately 3 minutes because you will need that bit of crunch from the vegetables.
4. Once it’s all cooked down, remove from the heat and allow it to cool, then simply top with some fresh, fragrant coriander.
5. Stir in the coriander. Allow to cool slightly before using this filling for the spring rolls.
6. Once the filling has cooled, place the spring roll wrapper on to a flat surface like a diamond shape.
7. For these spring rolls use a large 22 cm pancake to provide extra protection for the filling when cooking. And you need to roll the pancakes really tightly so that none of the mixture escapes.
8. Put some of the filling into the centre. Make sure you have do not put too much as you will need some space between each ends. Fold the sheets in from left to right and then fold in the bottom edge, you would have formed an envelope.
9. Tuck in the filling tightly then roll over to form a tight cylinder with no holes on the sides. Continue to make as many spring rolls until all the filling is over.
10. Heat the oil in a wok or fat fryer up to 180°C.
11. Drop in the spring rolls in batches and fry for 2-3 minutes until crispy and golden. Serve on the platter with the dipping sauce.
For the Duck and Mango:
1. Take a couple of rice paper sheets and dip them into cold water for 10-20 seconds, place on a clean surface and wipe off any excess moisture. The paper should become pliable.
2. Now lay a radicchio leaf over each sheet one third from the bottom of the sheet, making sure there is enough space on either sides to fold in the sheet.
3. Next lay on each a lettuce leaf flatten it by cracking its rib, then a few mint leaves.
4. Now place some of the duck with a few juliennes of mango, spring onion and a couple of strands of chilli.
5. Fold in both sides of the rice paper, then lift the bottom edge up and over the filling, tightly roll the rice paper away from you tucking in the sides.
6. Keep repeating the same for all the rice paper sheets until you have used up all the filling.
7. Arrange on a platter. Serve with the dipping sauce.
For the Dipping Sauce:
1. Mix together all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and set aside. Allow to infuse for a while. This can be made in advance before starting on the spring rolls.
Trio of Spring Rolls with Dipping Sauce
Other recipes with prawn
20-Minute Prawns and Couscous with Yoghurt-Hummus Sauce
Prawn and Leek Soba Noodles
Grilled Shrimp with Grilled Tomato Cocktail Sauce
Saucy BBQ Seafood Skewers with Not-So Secret BBQ Sauce
BBQ Prawns with Roast Chilli Salsa
Fritto Misto with Lemon Mayonnaise
Ribbony Prawns and Spaghetti
Kuay Tiaw Pad Thai
Nordic Shrimp Toast
Tenderstem, Coconut and Prawn Salad
Buttered Prawn Curry and Naan
Seafood Chowder Mash
Asian Prawn and Celery Salad
Thai Pork and Noodle Salad
Chilled Grilled Seafood Salad
King Prawns with Mango and Chilli Salsa
Spicy Prawn and Pineapple Fried Rice
Mexican-Inspired Rice with Tiger Prawns and Chicken
Prawns in Tomato and Coconut Milk
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Gok Wan's Easy Asian
Gok Wan mastered how to cook the food he loves from working in his family’s Chinese restaurant. He shares useful tips and tricks, interesting family stories and his favourite South East Asian recipes that are easy-to-make and full of flavour.
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Christmas Cookie Challenge
Bakers compete to make awesome holiday cookies in hopes of winning $10,000.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
Incredibly talented cake artists and designers go above and beyond to design wildly imaginative, mind-blowing cakes for every event and occasion.
Casey Webb's quest for the best takes him to Delaware for an ice cream custard that has locals lining up. Plus, he takes on a daunting surf and turf challenge.
Long Island, New York
Casey Webb heads to Long Island for an Italian chicken parmesan-pizza hybrid, a twist on a Jewish meat-and-potato tradition and a 10-scoop ice cream challenge.
Spring Gardens: The Birds and the Bugs
Ali challenges the final bakers to create spring songbird-themed desserts followed by a lush garden cake. Who will win the title and $25,000 prize?
Nine elite bakers are challenged to make their own version of Maryland’s Smith Island cake. And, the bakers must make a dessert inspired by a classic shoofly pie.
Battle of the Bacon
Four chefs take on an all-bacon battle for a shot at $20,000. In the first round, Guy challenges the chefs to make their signature sweet and savoury bacon dish.
The bakers compete to combine destination desserts with classic snacks. Next, they create a two-dessert landscape resembling a forest, amusement park, city or beach.
James ventures to Paris, one of his favourite cities in the world! He cooks duck breast with tangy vegetables, a steak baguette and gin and cucumber savarin.
Nothin' but Noodles
Guy Fieri brings in four noodle-savvy chefs from across the US for two rounds of highflying noodle action. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
The bakers must make a fruity spring dessert in a skillet to enjoy around the campfire. Next, they create a spring-themed cake that looks like a wintry craft.
James arrives in the tiny village of Giverny, known for its food and art. He explores Monet’s kitchen and cooks up an autumnal treat of apple doughnuts.
Guy Fieri invites four superstar chefs to compete in a budget battle. They are put to the test and must make a dollar stretch all competition long.
The Spring Cookie Classic
Ali challenges the bakers to invent their own spring delight featuring cookies and fruit. Next, they must turn classic cookies into spring desserts.
James travels to Normandy, home to his all-time favourite ingredient, butter! He cooks up artichokes with hollandaise whilst visiting a Calvados orchard.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to compete against the clock! First, the chefs must shop for their signature seafood dinner ingredients in teeny-tiny baskets.
Spring Flower Fiesta
Host Ali Khan challenges the bakers to use pressed and dried flowers in their desserts. Next, they make a fantasy cake that features a flower flavour.
Isle Sur La Sorgue
James heads to the riverside town of Isle Sur La Sorge, where his food hero, Keith Floyd, once owned a restaurant. He cooks peaches pain perdu in the sunshine.
Ultimate Grocery List
Guy gives four chefs a list of seven not-so-friendly ingredients that they must use during the competition. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
Adam goes on a meaty mission from Colorado to New York. His carnivorous cravings call for his favourite roast beef sandwich from his hometown in Brooklyn.
Adam continues his carnivorous rampage of hearty meals. He tastes Chicago’s infamous Italian beef sandwich and faces a meaty mission in Talkeetna, Alaska.