Turkey scallopine milanese with mustard cranberry sauce
- Preparation Time5 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
For the coating
For the rocket salad
For the mustard cranberry sauce
2) Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Work in the olive oil by hand, then spread the mixture on a dinner plate. Spread the flour on another dinner plate. Break the eggs into a shallow bowl and beat lightly.
3) Dip the turkey in the flour, coating both sides and shaking off the excess. Then dip in the egg, letting any excess drip back into the bowl. Finally, coat the turkey on both sides with the seasoned bread crumbs, pressing them into place. As each piece is coated, place it on a tray. Cover and place in the refrigerator until you are ready to fry them.
4) Heat a large skillet over a high heat until very hot. Add the olive oil to a depth of 0.5cm. When the oil is almost smoking, add as many turkey scallopine as the skillet will hold comfortably; do not crowd the pan. Cook until the cutlets are golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Turn and cook on the second side about 30 seconds longer. With tongs, lift the pieces as they are done, allowing any excess oil to drain back into the skillet, and transfer to several thicknesses of kitchen roll. Repeat with the remaining turkey scallopine.
5) Place the rocket in a large bowl. Drizzle with enough extra-virgin olive oil to coat the leaves lightly. Add lemon juice and some salt and pepper. Toss, taste, and adjust the seasoning.
6) Divide the turkey among 4 plates, placing them in the centre. Spoon a little mustard cranberry sauce on each side of the turkey. Mound the rocket salad on top. With a vegetable peeler, shave a little Parmesan on top of the salad. Put a lemon quarter on each plate and serve immediately.
For the mustard cranberry sauce:
1) In a large saute pan combine the sugar and water and boil to form a syrup. Add the vanilla pods and orange zest and simmer briefly.
2) Add the orange juice, cranberries and season with salt and pepper. Simmer until the cranberries start to pop, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the mustard. Cool to room temperature and spoon into jars.
Other recipes with turkey
Tom Aiken's Gravy
Slow Cooker Macaroni Cheese
Slow Cooker Pulled Turkey Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Turkey Chilli
Slow-Cooker Swedish Meatballs
Cheesy Meatloaf with Green Quinoa
Udon Noodles with Tenderstem, Red Peppers and Griddled Turkey Breast
Pressed Roast Turkey, Pesto, and Provolone Sandwiches
Spiced Christmas Turkey with Clementine Gravy
Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast
Mexican Turkey Quesadilla
Turkey Lasagne with Butternut Squash and Spinach
No-Baste, No-Bother Roasted Turkey
Asian Turkey Sliders
Big-Batch Turkey Chilli
Organic Turkey and Cranberry Casserole
Leftover Roast Turkey Pho
Leftover Turkey Chilli
Turkey and Stuffing Egg Rolls
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
Haunted Gingerbread Showdown
Nine of America’s best gingerbread artists craft spooky gingerbread creations for a chance to win the ultimate Halloween treat: a top prize of $25,000!
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
The Hairy Bikers' Comfort Food
For the Hairy Bikers, nothing beats delicious comfort food. Si and Dave share some of their favourite feel-good recipes and reveal the fascinating stories behind iconic dishes.
Michel Roux’s French Country Cooking
Michel Roux Jr showcases the unique cuisine of Southern France. He sources incredible local ingre-dients, samples delicious dishes and shares his favourite recipes that are simple and easy to make.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Duff Goldman challenges talented bakers from across America to a spooky baking competition. These experts go head to head to see who can impress the judges with their edible Halloween creations for a chance to win the $10,000 prize.
The Best Of Man V. Food
From visiting America's greatest pig-out spots to taking on the most legendary eating challenges, Adam Richman has sampled some incredible dishes. Relive some of his favourite mouth-watering moments.
Kids Baking Championship
A group of talented junior bakers compete in a series of very creative challenges to win the title of Kids Baking Champion and the $25,000 grand prize.
Man V. Food: Hall Of Fame
Food enthusiast Casey Webb travels across the U.S. in search of the country’s ultimate eating challenges. From his most memorable BBQ dishes to his favourite desserts, Casey counts down some of his greatest feasts.
Chef Nancy Fuller gathers the best the land has to offer and feeds her friends and family classic, farm fresh meals.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food
Michelin-starred chef Tom Kerridge samples the best pub food the UK has to offer and demonstrates how to make hearty dishes inspired by British pub classics, from the comfort of your own home.
Girl Meets Farm
Cookbook author and food blogger, Molly Yeh, makes delicious dishes inspired by her Jewish and Chinese heritage in her farmhouse kitchen in the Midwest.
Si and Dave prove that homemade can beat shop-bought with their DIY recipes. They make gravlax, jam doughnuts, their own corned beef and an Indian favourite, paneer.
Six teams sculpt cakes based on legendary stories of ghosts and ghouls from around the world. Inspired by Zak Bagans' Dybbuk Box, it’s their hardest test yet.
Robert Irvine visits Arizona to help a failing Steakhouse. The business is causing havoc for the family owners and needs to be turned around quickly!
The Bikers cook feel-good meals with healthy and delicious recipes. They make a lentil and bacon soup, a chic healthy pudding and a low-fat version of burger and fries.
Addams Family Dream Vacation
Four teams craft creepy and kooky cakes inspired by the Addams family's dream vacation with the scariest monsters in the world!
Mom Finds Her Mojo
Robert Irvine journeys to San Diego to meet a Café owner who has lost her passion for food, is quickly spirally into debt and needs Robert’s immediate help!
A Taste of Northumberland
The Bikers offer a taste of Northumberland. This means a celebration of local seafood, a traditional lamb recipe and a new way of serving Si’s favourite ice cream.
Four teams of cake and sugar artists create spooky and delicious cakes inspired by a possessed doll to impress judges Eddie Jackson, Shinmin Li and Aarti Sequeira.
7 Deadly Jack-o'-Lanterns
Host Alyson Hannigan welcomes seven expert pumpkin carvers to compete for the title of champion and a sweet $25,000 Halloween treat.
Host Alyson Hannigan challenges six expert pumpkin carvers with 3-D sculpting, starting with science experiments gone wrong in the Quick Carve round.
Host Alyson Hannigan challenges five expert pumpkin carvers to build spooky structures. In the Quick Carve round, the carvers feature animals returning from the dead.
Giant Monster Bash
The final four pumpkin carvers create terrifying monsters-in-law and larger-than-life monster party scenes. The winning carver takes home the $25,000 prize.
Bat in Black
The competition is getting tougher as host John Henson challenges the bakers to make creepy cupcakes and a completely batty British classic!
Welcome to Camp Devil's Food Lake
The 10 bakers pay tribute to 1980s classic slasher movies at Camp Devil’s Food Lake. They tackle "cereal killer" pies and mega cakes.
Back from the Dead
The eight bakers work in pairs to make creepy cookies from home, and a blind bake cake. They must bake like their lives depend on it if they want to survive.
Host John Henson challenges the seven remaining bakers to reimagine a classic dessert. Then, the competitors tackle a trending cake design.
Host John Henson challenges the five remaining bakers to make patterned roll cakes and frightening fault line cakes. Who will impress the judges?
Dance Your Life Away
It's prom night at Camp Devil's Food Lake! To mark the occasion, host John Henson puts the six remaining bakers in charge of the party snacks.
Finale: The Killer Is...
The four finalists are challenged to bake using a hated ingredient. Then, the final three bakers battle it out for the grand prize of $25,000.