Turkish Lamb Flatbreads
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Put the carved lamb in some tin foil and wrap into a parcel.
3. Warm in the oven while you make the flatbreads.
4. Mix the flour, salt, paprika, cumin and parsley together, then season with fresh black pepper.
5. Mix the warm water and the olive oil together.
6. Make a well in the centre of the flour mix, and slowly add the water and oil, mixing to make a soft dough.
7. Put a little extra flour on the work surface and knead the dough for 5 minutes.
8. Divide the mixture into 6 balls.
9. Roll them out into a circle about the thickness of a pound coin.
10. Heat a griddle pan and cook the flatbreads for about 2 minutes on each side until brown and blackened.
11. Take the lamb out of the oven and shred finely.
12. When they are all cooked serve alongside the warm lamb, houmous, red onion, lettuce and pomegranate seeds.
Recipe courtesy of Aldi