Ultimate beef braciole
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time90 mins
For the braciole
2) Set the flank steak on a piece of cling film. Make a deep horizontal slice along the steak almost all the way through and fan open like a book. Lay another piece of cling film on top. Using the smooth side of a meat mallet, gently flatten the steak until about 1-cm thick; take care not to tear.
3) Discard the top sheet of cling film; rub the surface with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spread the stuffing evenly over the meat, leaving a 1.5-cm border all around.
4) Arrange the eggs lengthwise down the centre of the meat and roll up like a jelly roll log, using the plastic wrap as support. Tie the roll with kitchen twine in 4 to 5 places to secure - this will help hold the shape and keep the filling from falling out.
5) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
6) Put a roasting tin across 2 burners and heat over medium heat. Add a 3-count of olive oil and add the thyme and garlic. Cook for about a minute until fragrant. Carefully add the braciole and sear until evenly browned all over, approximately 2 minutes each side.
7) Add the sliced onions and bay leaves, then stir in the beef broth to deglaze.
8) Add the tinned tomatoes over the top, then nestle in the whole vine tomatoes around the braciole. Bring to a simmer, then cover with foil and put in the oven to braise for 45 to 60 minutes. When done, remove the foil and remove the braciole to a carving board to rest.
9) Carefully remove the whole vine tomatoes, with a slotted spoon, to a plate. Let the sauce cool for about 5 minutes. Discard the thyme stems and bay leaf, then add the sauce to a blender and puree.
10) Pour the sauce back into the pan and set over medium heat to bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and add the balsamic vinegar.
11) Remove the kitchen twine from the beef and cut into 2.5-cm thick "pin-wheel" slices. Arrange the slices on a platter and arrange the whole vine tomatoes around the beef. Pour the sauce over the top, garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Other recipes with egg
Big Herby Yorkshire Pudding
Basil, Ricotta, Walnut and Parma Ham Cocktail Quiches
Ginger Snap Cocktail
Candy Cane Cookies
Mini Christmas Cakes with Soft Silver Pearls
Mini Christmas Cakes
Brandy-Soaked Christmas Cupcakes
Turkey, Red Pepper and Basil Frittata
Turkey and Brussels Bubble and Squeak
White Chocolate Buche De Noel
Winter Wonderland Cake
John Whaite's Quick Christmas Fruit Cake
Panettone Bread Pudding
Stuffing and Gravy from Tristan Welch's Mum
Brie En Croute
Rosemary Shrager's Egg Nog
Toffee Apple Cupcakes
Surprise Batty Loaf Cake
Devil's Food Cheesecake
Halloween Spice Cake
Other recipes with steak
Slow cooked blade steak with beef & oyster sauce, carrots and turnip
Broiled Porterhouse with Roasted Garlic and Lemon
Blue Cheese Steak Sandwich With The Works
Salmon and Tuna Tataki
Skirt steak with ancho-onion steak sauce
Seared Tuna with Lemon-Wasabi Dressing and Hot Mustard Wonton Chips
Grilled Thai Beef Salad
Beef Salad with Chicory, Pear and Parmigiano Reggiano
Steak on Garlic Toast with Provolone and Parsley oil
Hamburger with Cheddar Cheese and Horseradish Mustard
Smoky Pork Corn and Chickpea Fajitas
Garlic Thyme Steak with Smoked Tomato Relish
Stuffed Jalapeño Popper Burgers
Belgian Beef Stew
Crispy Pea and Pearl Barley Balls with Spiced Organic Lamb
Organic Lamb with Blood Oranges
Korean Steak Tartare
Sizzling Steak Fajitas
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Holiday Baking Championship: Gingerbread Showdown
Teams tackle themed gingerbread build challenges for a prize worth $10,000.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Christmas Cookie Challenge
Bakers compete to make awesome holiday cookies in hopes of winning $10,000.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Duff Goldman challenges talented bakers from across America to a spooky baking competition. These experts go head to head to see who can impress the judges with their edible Halloween creations for a chance to win the $10,000 prize.
Buddy Vs. Christmas
Baking legend Buddy Valastro has taken on every cake challenge imaginable. Now, to mark the festive season, he takes on America’s greatest non-baking artists in a series of delicious Christmas-themed challenges.
Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Home Cooking
Gordon Ramsay shares his top recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Big Budget Bonanza
Four chefs take on Guy Fieri’s brutal budget bonanza. In one round, a wheel determines what ingredients the chefs can use for their breakfast creations.
Five-Dollar Price Check
Guy Fieri challenges four talented chefs to only shop for ingredients under $5. The most budget-savvy chef will win a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
Allegra is in Antalya to sample a traditional Turkish breakfast, before exploring one the city’s largest markets. Later, she cooks prawns Halicarnassus.
Allegra continues her culinary adventure in Aydin, where she meets one of Turkey’s largest olive oil producers. Plus, she shares her recipe for poached quince.
Here To Persevere!
Host Ted Allen challenges four chefs to make an appetiser using cocktail fruit slices, canned clam sauce and sausage-stuffed pancakes on sticks.
Grandma Grocery Games
Guy Fieri welcomes four grandmothers to show off their culinary skills. In one round, they must cook their most requested family dish.
All ABC Games
Guy Fieri invites chefs to compete in three rounds featuring seafood and fried ingredients. The winner will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
All-Stars' Full Meal
Celebrity chefs take on three-course meal challenges. In one round, the chefs must include a special ingredient of Guy's choosing in their international dish.
Guy Fieri welcomes three couples to take on his culinary games. In one round, the loved-up duos must work against the clock to make a wedding dinner.
Pro Athletes And Judges
Guy invites three professional athletes to test their culinary skills. In one round, the sporting stars must shop for their ingredients while blindfolded.
Allegra travels to the Aegean coast and explores the diet of Turkey’s past. Back at home, she feels inspired to make a tasty artichoke and sausage salad.
Allegra heads to the vibrant city of Bursa and explores the morning food markets. Later, she learns from the grandson of the man who invented the doner kebab.
Three teams of chefs represent their restaurants as they compete in two action-packed rounds. The winning team will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to get creative and assemble tasty sandwiches. The chef who has the most skill between two slices of bread will win up to $20,000.
Guy Fieri gives four home cooks a chance to prove their culinary skills. The rookie who best rises to the challenge will win a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
Ultimate Asian Food Showdown
Four chefs face off to see who can make the tastiest Asian cuisine. In one round, the chefs must use tiny carts to shop for their rice dishes.
Guy Fieri invites three of America’s best cheese chefs to take on his culinary games. The final round pits the competitors against chef Eric Greenspan.
Allegra is in Iznik to learn the secrets to making a stuffed flatbread called gozleme. Back in the kitchen, she demonstrates how to cook chicken guvec.
Chef Allegra McEvedy explores the culinary culture of Istanbul. She visits a world-famous spice market and samples a variety of unique Turkish Delights.