Vanilla Sugar Cookies
- Preparation Time25 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
1) In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the butter and sugar and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
3) Add the flour mixture in 2 batches, scraping down the bowl after each addition. Beat until the dough just comes together, being careful not to over mix.
4) Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Form the dough into a ball, wrap it in plastic, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5) Place the ball of dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper and roll out to 1/4-inch thick. Keeping the dough in the parchment, transfer to a cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
6) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
7) Cut out the cookies in the desired shapes and place on a half-sheet pan lined with parchment paper or an un-greased nonstick cookie sheet, at least 2 cm apart. Transfer to the freezer and chill for at least 15 minutes or until they are firm.
8) Bake until the cookies are light golden brown, about 10 minutes.
9) Let cookies cool completely on the sheets before decorating.
Cook's Note: They will still be soft when they come out of the oven and may break or become misshapen if they are moved off the sheets before cool.
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Spring Baking Championship
A group of America’s top bakers compete in several exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring. The baker who comes out on top will claim the title of Baking Champion and take home an amazing cash prize.
Kids Baking Championship
A group of talented junior bakers compete in a series of very creative challenges to win the title of Kids Baking Champion and the $25,000 grand prize.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Man Fire Food
Roger Mooking travels across the USA to visit home cooks, pitmasters, and chefs who use inventive ways to cook with fire.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Giada At Home
Giada De Larentiis loves hosting intimate meals and big celebrations in her home. She shares her memorable and unique recipes and plenty of useful tips.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
Girl Meets Farm
Cookbook author and food blogger, Molly Yeh, makes delicious dishes inspired by her Jewish and Chinese heritage in her farmhouse kitchen in the Midwest.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Paul Hollywood City Bakes
Paul Hollywood travels the globe in search of the family bakeries, corner delis and luxury hotels which have created the baking heritage of entire cities.
Tom Kerridge's American Feast
Tom Kerridge travels across the United States, discovering the heart and soul of American food. The Michelin-starred chef samples the nation’s best dishes and puts his own spin on classic recipes.
Duff Takes The Cake
Duff Goldman and his team of decorators, designers and builders make epic, show-stopping cakes for milestone events and parties for their social media followers. Then, the special creations must be made and delivered on time and intact.
Giada In Italy
American raised but Italian-born, Giada De Larentiis returns to her roots in a culinary trip through Italy. She makes dishes inspired by her family and local traditions.
Brunch Club Strikes Again
It's Molly Yeh's turn to host Brunch Club with her friends. She makes blueberry cream cheese scones with yogurt glaze and bacon hasselback sweet potatoes.
Hidden Talent Party
Jade's Slumber Party
Big Game Bar Hop
Party In The Kitchen
Taste The World
Family Fun Day
2nd Annual Film Festival Party
A Night Of Decadence
Girls' Night In
Giada's Film Festival
Giada invites her friends over to watch the big game. She makes gourmet dishes like three-way sandwich, dips and chips and spicy Calabrian shrimp.