Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Preparation Time5 mins
- Cooking Time30 mins
For the Crust
For the Filling
For the crust:
1.Put the flour, sugar, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor, and pulse to combine.
2. Add the coconut oil in small spoonfuls, and pulse until the largest pieces are pea-sized.
3. Add 4 tablespoons ice water, and pulse until evenly combined.
4. Squeeze a handful of the dough together; it should just hold its shape. If the mixture is too powdery, pulse in an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons ice water.
5. Turn the dough out onto a large piece of plastic wrap, pat into a 1/2-inch-thick disc and chill for at least 1 hour up to overnight.
6. To make rolling easier, let the dough soften up a bit-it should be slightly soft when pressed-at room temperature (this may take anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes depending on the temperature of your kitchen).
7. Roll the disc into a 12-inch round on a lightly floured surface or between two pieces of floured parchment paper. If the dough gets too warm, refrigerate it to firm it up.
8. Ease the crust into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold the overhanging dough under itself, and crimp the edge as desired. Chill for 30 minutes.
9. Position an oven rack in the center of the oven, and preheat to 180°C. Line the chilled pie crust with a large coffee filter or foil, and fill with pie weights.
10. Bake until the edges are lightly golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the coffee filter or foil and weights, and continue baking until the crust is lightly golden all over, 15 to 20 minutes more.
11. Transfer to a rack, and let cool completely.
For the filling:
1. Process the pumpkin puree, tofu, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
2. Pour the filling into the par-baked pie shell, and bake until firm and set, 40 to 45 minutes.
3. Let cool completely on a rack. Chill for at least 2 hours up to overnight. Slice and serve.
Other recipes with tofu
Fried Tofu Cubes with Sticky Chilli Sauce by ROKU
Lettuce Cups with Tofu and Beef
Vegetable Guo Tieh
Vegan Tofu and Spinach Scramble
Tamarind-Glazed Tofu Sliders with Indian Coleslaw and Masala Wedges
Money Bags Filled with Fried Tofu in Red Curry Sauce
Vegan Classic Cheesecake
Dark Chocolate and Caramelised Banana Pie
Organic Tofu and Shiitake Stir-Fry
Edamame and crab ravioli with orange beurre blanc
Griddled tofu and chicken pad thai
Korean yaki mandu
Ultimate Veggie Chili
Ultimate veggie chilli
Chicken miso broccoli broth
Fried Rice with Scallions, Edamame and Tofu
Tofu stir-fry with fried rice
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
The Hairy Bikers' Chicken & Egg
The Hairy Bikers hunt for the world’s greatest chicken and egg recipes.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Girl Meets Farm
Cookbook author and food blogger, Molly Yeh, makes delicious dishes inspired by her Jewish and Chinese heritage in her farmhouse kitchen in the Midwest.
Casey Webb's quest for the best takes him to Delaware for an ice cream custard that has locals lining up. Plus, he takes on a daunting surf and turf challenge.
Long Island, New York
Casey Webb heads to Long Island for an Italian chicken parmesan-pizza hybrid, a twist on a Jewish meat-and-potato tradition and a 10-scoop ice cream challenge.
Spring Gardens: The Birds and the Bugs
Ali challenges the final bakers to create spring songbird-themed desserts followed by a lush garden cake. Who will win the title and $25,000 prize?
Nine elite bakers are challenged to make their own version of Maryland’s Smith Island cake. And, the bakers must make a dessert inspired by a classic shoofly pie.
Battle of the Bacon
Four chefs take on an all-bacon battle for a shot at $20,000. In the first round, Guy challenges the chefs to make their signature sweet and savoury bacon dish.
The bakers compete to combine destination desserts with classic snacks. Next, they create a two-dessert landscape resembling a forest, amusement park, city or beach.
James ventures to Paris, one of his favourite cities in the world! He cooks duck breast with tangy vegetables, a steak baguette and gin and cucumber savarin.
Nothin' but Noodles
Guy Fieri brings in four noodle-savvy chefs from across the US for two rounds of highflying noodle action. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
The bakers must make a fruity spring dessert in a skillet to enjoy around the campfire. Next, they create a spring-themed cake that looks like a wintry craft.
James arrives in the tiny village of Giverny, known for its food and art. He explores Monet’s kitchen and cooks up an autumnal treat of apple doughnuts.
Guy Fieri invites four superstar chefs to compete in a budget battle. They are put to the test and must make a dollar stretch all competition long.
The Spring Cookie Classic
Ali challenges the bakers to invent their own spring delight featuring cookies and fruit. Next, they must turn classic cookies into spring desserts.
James travels to Normandy, home to his all-time favourite ingredient, butter! He cooks up artichokes with hollandaise whilst visiting a Calvados orchard.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to compete against the clock! First, the chefs must shop for their signature seafood dinner ingredients in teeny-tiny baskets.
Spring Flower Fiesta
Host Ali Khan challenges the bakers to use pressed and dried flowers in their desserts. Next, they make a fantasy cake that features a flower flavour.
Isle Sur La Sorgue
James heads to the riverside town of Isle Sur La Sorge, where his food hero, Keith Floyd, once owned a restaurant. He cooks peaches pain perdu in the sunshine.
Ultimate Grocery List
Guy gives four chefs a list of seven not-so-friendly ingredients that they must use during the competition. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
Adam goes on a meaty mission from Colorado to New York. His carnivorous cravings call for his favourite roast beef sandwich from his hometown in Brooklyn.
Adam continues his carnivorous rampage of hearty meals. He tastes Chicago’s infamous Italian beef sandwich and faces a meaty mission in Talkeetna, Alaska.