Wild Alaskan salmon with lamb sausage, Manila clams, sugar snap peas, fingerling potatoes and salsa verde
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time40 mins
For the salsa verde
For the main dish
2) Start the potatoes in cold salted water. Bring to a simmer and cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain, put on a sheet pan and refrigerate until cool. When cool, cut crosswise into 1/2-cm-thick disks.
3) Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
4) Roast the sausage links on a sheet pan and place in the oven until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Quarter the links lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2-cm circles.
5) For the peas, lightly grasp the stem end of each pod and pull down, removing the stem and stringy section on the flat side.
6) Generously season the salmon with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Preheat a skillet that is large enough to comfortably fit all of the salmon steaks. Add enough vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the salmon in the pan skin side down (listen for the sizzle signalling that the pan is hot enough, if the pan does not sizzle wait to add the fish) and sear until the skin is crispy, about 4 minutes. Turn the salmon over and let it sear for an additional 3 to 4 minutes until it is nicely browned. Remove from the pan and set the fish skin side down on a sheet pan.
7) Pour any excess fat out of the pan. Add the sausage, clams, potatoes and peas. Cook for 1 minute then add the garlic, white wine and butter. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until all of the clams open (add a little more wine or water, if needed, to keep the dish saucy). When the clams begin to open, put the salmon in the oven until cooked to desired doneness, about 2 minutes depending on thickness.
To plate, evenly distribute the clams, liquid and vegetables into large pasta bowls. Drizzle with salsa verde and place the salmon on top. Enjoy with a medium-bodied white wine or light-bodied red wine and good friends.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Other recipes with potato
30 Minute Shepherd's Pie
Italian Roast Potatoes
Vegan Roasted-Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Bangers and Mash
Creamy Potato and Roasted Red Pepper Dip
The Ultimate Turkey Gobbler Sandwich with Cranberry Mayo
Turkey and Brussels Bubble and Squeak
Roasted Potatoes, Carrots, Parsnips and Brussels Sprouts
Spicy Dauphinoise Potatoes
Winter Vegetable Soup
Buffalo Chicken Twice-Cooked Sweet Potatoes
Spicy Juicy Lucy-fer Sliders
Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
Jun Tanaka's Wild Alaskan Black Cod
30-Minute Spicy Pork and Sweet Potato Stew
Spiced Caramel Roulade with Ginger Cream
Other recipes with lemon
Vegan Lemon Fettuccine Alfredo
Smoked Aubergine Pâté
Grilled Artichokes with Parsley and Garlic
Parmigiano Reggiano Canapés with Hot Smoked Salmon
Mini Christmas Cakes
Christmas Turkey Penne with Lemon, Walnut & Ginger
Sticky Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
Spicy Dauphinoise Potatoes
Prosciutto with Pears and Rocket
Hot ginger toddy
Hot spiced cider tea
Buttered Prawn Curry and Naan
Spiced Butternut Squash Stew with Couscous
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Christmas Cookie Challenge
Bakers compete to make awesome holiday cookies in hopes of winning $10,000.
Holiday Baking Championship: Gingerbread Showdown
Teams tackle themed gingerbread build challenges for a prize worth $10,000.
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Buddy Vs. Christmas
Baking legend Buddy Valastro has taken on every cake challenge imaginable. Now, to mark the festive season, he takes on America’s greatest non-baking artists in a series of delicious Christmas-themed challenges.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Duff Goldman challenges talented bakers from across America to a spooky baking competition. These experts go head to head to see who can impress the judges with their edible Halloween creations for a chance to win the $10,000 prize.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
Haunted Gingerbread Showdown
Nine of America’s best gingerbread artists craft spooky gingerbread creations for a chance to win the ultimate Halloween treat: a top prize of $25,000!