Wild mushroom soup with rocket and crispy serrano ham
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time55 mins
2) Combine chicken bones, onions, celery, and carrots in a large roasting pan; toss with oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Roast until the bones and vegetables are a rich golden brown, about 30 to 40 minutes.
3) Transfer the bones and vegetables to a large stockpot, add 2 3/4 L cold water, and the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for four hours, skimming the scum that rises to the top with a ladle every 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and strain through a mesh strainer into a clean pot. Place back on the stove over high heat and cook until reduced by half. Use immediately or let cool to room temperature, cover, and refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
4) For the soup: heat three tablespoons butter with one tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot over high heat. Add the wild mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are golden brown and their liquid has evaporated, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl.
5) Heat one tablespoon butter with one tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the cremini mushrooms and cook until golden brown, about four to five minutes. Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and cook for two minutes. Add the stock and porcini powder and cook for 20 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Strain the stock through a strainer into the stockpot that you sauteed the wild mushrooms in and discard the onion and mushrooms.
6) Cook stock over medium heat until thickened slightly and then stir in the sauteed wild mushrooms and cook for 15 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
7) While the soup is cooking, heat the vegetable oil in a high sided saute pan over high heat until the oil begins to shimmer. Carefully add the ham, in batches, and cook until crispy, about 45 seconds to one minute. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
8) Ladle the soup into bowls, add a handful of arugula, top with a slice of the crispy ham, and drizzle with a teaspoon of white truffle oil.
Other recipes with chicken
Tom Aiken's Gravy
15-Minute Asian Rice Salad
Grilled Chicken with Spinach and Pine Nut Pesto
Pineapple, Prawn and Okra Salad
Grilled Chickpea Polenta Cakes with Chive Oil and Lemon
Paella on the Grill
Chicken Wings with Red Hot Honey Glaze and Blue Cheese-Celery Dip
Chicken Kabobs with Grilled Onions
Grilled Tuscan Chicken
Crisp Chicken Wings with Chilli-Lime Butter
The Ultimate Barbecued Chicken
BBQ Chicken Burgers with Slaw
Yakitori (chicken on skewers) by ROKU
Spicy Cajun Chicken Quinoa
Chicken Club Ranch Roll
Coronation Turkey Filled Jackets
Turkey and Creamy Stilton Pies
Roasted Turkey Gravy
Christmassy, Luxurious Chicken Liver Toasts
Asparagus and Bread Soup with Pancetta
Other recipes with mushroom
30-Minute Pan-Seared Salmon with Baby Bok Choy and Shiitake Mushrooms
15-Minute Asian Rice Salad
Herbed Chicken Marsala
Vegetarian Tandoori Kebabs
Griddled Steak with Wild Mushrooms
Full English Breakfast Bowl Rolls
Mini Mushroom, Kalonji and Feta Pies
Turkey, Wild Mushroom and Parmesan Risotto
Turkey Strudel with Wild Mushrooms and Chestnuts
Spinach Salad with Fried Egg, Bacon and Mushrooms
Vegetable Guo Tieh
Spinach and Mushroom Ravioli
Money Bags Filled with Fried Tofu in Red Curry Sauce
Aubergine Stew with Honey and Golden Sultana Polenta
Parmigiano Reggiano, Pumpkin and Porcini Risotto
Japanese mushroom egg noodle soup
Braised shanks with barley broth
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Christmas Cookie Challenge
Bakers compete to make awesome holiday cookies in hopes of winning $10,000.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Casey Webb's quest for the best takes him to Delaware for an ice cream custard that has locals lining up. Plus, he takes on a daunting surf and turf challenge.
Long Island, New York
Casey Webb heads to Long Island for an Italian chicken parmesan-pizza hybrid, a twist on a Jewish meat-and-potato tradition and a 10-scoop ice cream challenge.
Spring Gardens: The Birds and the Bugs
Ali challenges the final bakers to create spring songbird-themed desserts followed by a lush garden cake. Who will win the title and $25,000 prize?
Nine elite bakers are challenged to make their own version of Maryland’s Smith Island cake. And, the bakers must make a dessert inspired by a classic shoofly pie.
Battle of the Bacon
Four chefs take on an all-bacon battle for a shot at $20,000. In the first round, Guy challenges the chefs to make their signature sweet and savoury bacon dish.
The bakers compete to combine destination desserts with classic snacks. Next, they create a two-dessert landscape resembling a forest, amusement park, city or beach.
James ventures to Paris, one of his favourite cities in the world! He cooks duck breast with tangy vegetables, a steak baguette and gin and cucumber savarin.
Nothin' but Noodles
Guy Fieri brings in four noodle-savvy chefs from across the US for two rounds of highflying noodle action. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
The bakers must make a fruity spring dessert in a skillet to enjoy around the campfire. Next, they create a spring-themed cake that looks like a wintry craft.
James arrives in the tiny village of Giverny, known for its food and art. He explores Monet’s kitchen and cooks up an autumnal treat of apple doughnuts.
Guy Fieri invites four superstar chefs to compete in a budget battle. They are put to the test and must make a dollar stretch all competition long.
The Spring Cookie Classic
Ali challenges the bakers to invent their own spring delight featuring cookies and fruit. Next, they must turn classic cookies into spring desserts.
James travels to Normandy, home to his all-time favourite ingredient, butter! He cooks up artichokes with hollandaise whilst visiting a Calvados orchard.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to compete against the clock! First, the chefs must shop for their signature seafood dinner ingredients in teeny-tiny baskets.
Spring Flower Fiesta
Host Ali Khan challenges the bakers to use pressed and dried flowers in their desserts. Next, they make a fantasy cake that features a flower flavour.
Isle Sur La Sorgue
James heads to the riverside town of Isle Sur La Sorge, where his food hero, Keith Floyd, once owned a restaurant. He cooks peaches pain perdu in the sunshine.
Ultimate Grocery List
Guy gives four chefs a list of seven not-so-friendly ingredients that they must use during the competition. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
Adam goes on a meaty mission from Colorado to New York. His carnivorous cravings call for his favourite roast beef sandwich from his hometown in Brooklyn.
Adam continues his carnivorous rampage of hearty meals. He tastes Chicago’s infamous Italian beef sandwich and faces a meaty mission in Talkeetna, Alaska.