Yakitori (chicken on skewers) by ROKU
1. Mix all ingredients for the sauce in a bowl, then put half of it in a saucepan and simmer io the lowest heat. Simmer until it reduced to half or thick enough to brush over the cooked chicken. This should be about 10 minutes.
2. Marinate the chicken with the other half of the sauce mixture overnight, or for at least 2-3 hours. If you have less than 2 hours to marinate, rub the sauce into chicken, this will help absorbe the flavour quickly
3. Turn on the oven to the highest temperature. Lay tin foil over a large baking tray.
4. Cut each pepper in half first, then cut the half into three lengths. Cut each third into two, so there will be twelve pieces of each coloured pepper.
5. Thread the pepper, then chicken, then a different coloured pepper, and finally chicken again onto a skewer. Repeat this until using up all the chicken.
6. Lay the skewers on the foil on the baking tray then wrap the bare part of the stick with tinfoil (this will prevent burning the stick) Cook for about 7-8 minutes first, then turn them over and quickly brush the thick teriyaki sauce over the chicken and put them back to the oven and cook further 3-4 minutes or until they are thoroughly cooked. The key point is to cook quickly; if you cook slowly the chicken will dry out, so make sure the oven is VERY hot.
7. Assemble skewers on a dish and brush them with thick Teriyaki sauce and then sprinkle sesame seeds. Serve immediately with sansyo pepper, if preferred.