Tom Kerridge's BBQ Honey Cake
- Cooking Time70 mins
Preheat egg BBQ to 170c with convector plate fitted
1. Cream butter, sugar, orange zest & cardamom, together in a bowl by mixing it vigorously with a rubber spatula.
2. Then gradually add the eggs one by one, making sure to whisk in between each addition. Then add the honey and beat together.
3. Sieve in the flour and fold together.
4. Pour the batter into a lined 23cm spring formed tin and smooth over with a palette knife.
5. Place in the egg style preheated BBQ 160c-170c with the convector plate fitted and cook for approximately 60-70 minutes. Make sure not to open the BBQ for at least 30-40 minutes to avoid your cake collapsing. Begin to check your cake after the 40 minute mark.
6. If the top of the cake starts to colour a bit, cover with a little tin foil. Check the cake with a skewer to see if it comes out clean, if not cook for a few more minutes checking again.
7. Once the cake is ready remove and cool on a baking rack.
8. For the vanilla cream simply whisk the cream, vanilla and sugar together until soft peaks form.
9. Cut the cake into wedges and serve a big spoon of vanilla cream on the side. Add a few fresh raspberries to the plate to serve.