Tom Kerridge's Barbecued Cauliflower Salad
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
2 medium cauliflowers, trimmed and cut into large florets
1 tbsp ras el hanout
1 tbsp turmeric
80ml cold pressed rapeseed oil
2 tsp salt
3 tbsp water
100g pomegranate seeds
100g blanched and podded broad beans
2 green chillies sliced
1 block of feta crumbled
30 pitted green olives
20 sun blushed tomatoes
1 preserved lemon chopped finely
150g natural yoghurt
1 tbsp harissa paste
1 tbsp chopped mint
½ lemon Juiced
60g toasted pine nuts
- Firstly remove the root of each cauliflower and break or cut into even sized florets. Lay these onto a tray and sprinkle over the spices and drizzle over the oil and water. Season with salt and mix up well with your hands until evenly coated.
- Lay the florets directly onto the BBQ and cook until they are charred and toasty on all sides. This will take around 10 minutes or so.
- Then remove and leave to cool a little. Cut any large pieces into half.
- Place the remaining salad items into the serving bowl, add the cauliflower and mix together well.
- Now mix the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and drizzle this over the top.
- Sprinkle over the toasted pine nuts.