Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
Recipe Courtesy of Kelly Senyei
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
340g medium shell pasta
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
340g Italian sausage (sweet or spicy), casings removed
700ml homemade or store-bought tomato sauce
110g sliced pepperoni
340g shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees C.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente according to the package directions. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, add the olive oil to a large heavy-bottomed pot set over medium-low heat. Once the oil is warm, add the onions, bell peppers and a pinch each of salt and pepper and cook, stirring constantly, until the onions are translucent, about 8 minutes. Add the sausage and cook, breaking apart the sausage with a spatula, until browned and cooked throughout, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the tomato sauce then add the cooked pasta and 1/2 cup of the pepperoni to the pot; stir to combine.
- Transfer half of the pasta to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, top with half of the mozzarella, then top with the remaining pasta, followed by the remaining mozzarella, then the remaining 1/4 cup pepperoni.
- Bake the pasta until the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Remove the baked pasta from the oven and serve.