- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time25 mins
2) Take the 450g of broken up bread and place into a bowl with the milk. Let the bread soak for 5 minutes. Squeeze and drain the bread then place it into a large mixing bowl. Add the turkey meat, beaten eggs, chopped parsley, salt, black pepper, golden sultanas and toasted pine nuts.
3) Fold all ingredients together. Do not over work the turkey meat.
4) Fill a Dutch oven with vegetable oil and place on low heat. Dust a baking sheet with about 3cm of flour.
5) In your hands scoop up a two-finger portion of the turkey mixture and with the palm of your hands shape the balls a little larger than a golf ball. As you make the balls add them to the baking tray with the flour and roll them until evenly coated.
6) Carefully add the meatballs to the oil and brown for about 6 minutes. Transfer turkey meatballs to a plate and set aside for bean soup. Pour excess oil into a bowl.