Tom Kerridge's Barbecued Baby Back Ribs
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time60 mins
For the ribs
For the spice rub
For the yellow bbq sauce
For the slaw
1. In a small bowl, add the spice rub ingredients and mix well.
2. Lay the ribs into a large roasting dish and massage all over with the spice rub.
3. Pour in the beer to the dish and then cover the dish with tin foil. This will help the ribs steam whilst they bake in the BBQ. If you have the time, pop in the fridge for an hour or so to marinate.
4. Then cover with tin foil and bake at 170c for 45 - 60 minutes in the Kamado BBQ with the convector plate fitted. Once they are cooked remove from the BBQ and leave to cool slightly.
5. In the meantime, add the mustard, honey, bourbon, cider vinegar and brown sugar to a saucepan and bring to the boil and then remove from the heat to cool.
6. When the BBQ is ready, put the cooked ribs onto a BBQ and start to colour them up, this will take around 2-3 minutes. Make sure you turn at the halfway stage.
7. Now with a pastry brush glaze the ribs with the yellow mustard sauce and continue to BBQ them for another 2-3 minutes. Once the sugar starts to caramelise brush again, then repeat until you have a lovely glazed rib.
8. While the ribs are cooking add all the slaw ingredients to a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir well.
9. Spoon the coleslaw onto serving plates along with the ribs. If you have a little yellow BBQ sauce use this as a dipping sauce.