Smoked pork chops with peach bourbon BBQ sauce
Smoked pork chops with peach bourbon barbecue sauce
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time120 mins
For the brine
For the peach bourbon barbecue sauce
1) In a nonreactive, stainless steel 8-litre saucepan, bring all the brine ingredients to a boil and stir until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved.
2) Transfer to a 4-litre plastic or stainless steel container and refrigerate until completely cooled.
1) Once the brine has cooled completely, add the chops and allow to soak for at least six but no more than 12 hours. Remove the chops from the brine just before smoking.
2) Smoke the pork until the internal temperature reaches 60C, or about 1-2 hours. Keep the griddle temperature at approximately 95-120C or the pork will overcook.
3) After the desired internal temperature is reached, brush the chops lightly with oil and griddle over hot coals for 1 1/2 minutes; rotate a quarter turn clockwise and griddle for 1 minute more to create attractive grill marks. Flip the chop and repeat grilling method; the prettier side is the top.
4) The chops should ultimately reach an internal temperature of 65-70C. If necessary, place them in an oven at 190C/Gas 5 after griddling to finish cooking.
5) For an extra fancy presentation, pull the pork off the bone, slice into 1/2cm strips and fan out on the plate.
6) Brush the griddled chops with melted butter and allow to rest for 2 minutes before serving. Place each chop on a serving plate and serve with peach bourbon barbecue sauce and mashed potatoes, stewed white beans or even steamed brown rice.
Peach bourbon barbecue sauce:
1) In a medium saucepan melt the butter over a medium-high heat. Add the shallots and sweat for several minutes until soft. Add the peaches, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
2) Add the lemon juice, cider vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and chicken stock. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until thick.
3) Add the bourbon, return to a simmer, cook for 5 more minutes and remove from the heat. Adjust the seasoning and sweetness. Puree the mixture with an immersion blender or in a food processor until smooth and thick.
Other recipes with pork
Anna Olson's Gyoza
Crispy Roast Pork Belly with Salty Caramelised Apples
Roasted Pheasant (Pheasant Alla Fiorentina)
Pancetta-Wrapped Pork Roast
Pork and Prawn Boiled Wontons
Smokey apple cinnamon meatloaf
Witch's Ribs with Halloween Toasts
Spicy Pop Pulled Pork
Pulled Pork and Chilli Burritos
Slow-Roasted Pulled Pork and Creamed Beans
Black Bean Soup with Mojo
Slow Cooker Pepper Pork Chops
Slow-Cooker Swedish Meatballs
Shredded Pork Tacos
Thai Pork and Noodle Salad
Black Pudding and Pear Pies
Roast loin of pork with fennel
Fontina and Prosciutto Stuffed Pork Chops with Grilled Polenta Squares and Roasted California Grapes
Cheese Burst Lasagne
Sweet Sticky Ribs
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Holiday Baking Championship: Gingerbread Showdown
Teams tackle themed gingerbread build challenges for a prize worth $10,000.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Christmas Cookie Challenge
Bakers compete to make awesome holiday cookies in hopes of winning $10,000.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
Duff Goldman challenges talented bakers from across America to a spooky baking competition. These experts go head to head to see who can impress the judges with their edible Halloween creations for a chance to win the $10,000 prize.
Buddy Vs. Christmas
Baking legend Buddy Valastro has taken on every cake challenge imaginable. Now, to mark the festive season, he takes on America’s greatest non-baking artists in a series of delicious Christmas-themed challenges.
Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Home Cooking
Gordon Ramsay shares his top recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Five-Dollar Price Check
Guy Fieri challenges four talented chefs to only shop for ingredients under $5. The most budget-savvy chef will win a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
Allegra is in Antalya to sample a traditional Turkish breakfast, before exploring one the city’s largest markets. Later, she cooks prawns Halicarnassus.
Allegra continues her culinary adventure in Aydin, where she meets one of Turkey’s largest olive oil producers. Plus, she shares her recipe for poached quince.
Here To Persevere!
Host Ted Allen challenges four chefs to make an appetiser using cocktail fruit slices, canned clam sauce and sausage-stuffed pancakes on sticks.
Grandma Grocery Games
Guy Fieri welcomes four grandmothers to show off their culinary skills. In one round, they must cook their most requested family dish.
All ABC Games
Guy Fieri invites chefs to compete in three rounds featuring seafood and fried ingredients. The winner will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
All-Stars' Full Meal
Celebrity chefs take on three-course meal challenges. In one round, the chefs must include a special ingredient of Guy's choosing in their international dish.
Guy Fieri welcomes three couples to take on his culinary games. In one round, the loved-up duos must work against the clock to make a wedding dinner.
Pro Athletes And Judges
Guy invites three professional athletes to test their culinary skills. In one round, the sporting stars must shop for their ingredients while blindfolded.
Allegra travels to the Aegean coast and explores the diet of Turkey’s past. Back at home, she feels inspired to make a tasty artichoke and sausage salad.
Allegra heads to the vibrant city of Bursa and explores the morning food markets. Later, she learns from the grandson of the man who invented the doner kebab.
Three teams of chefs represent their restaurants as they compete in two action-packed rounds. The winning team will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to get creative and assemble tasty sandwiches. The chef who has the most skill between two slices of bread will win up to $20,000.
Guy Fieri gives four home cooks a chance to prove their culinary skills. The rookie who best rises to the challenge will win a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
Ultimate Asian Food Showdown
Four chefs face off to see who can make the tastiest Asian cuisine. In one round, the chefs must use tiny carts to shop for their rice dishes.
Guy Fieri invites three of America’s best cheese chefs to take on his culinary games. The final round pits the competitors against chef Eric Greenspan.
Allegra is in Iznik to learn the secrets to making a stuffed flatbread called gozleme. Back in the kitchen, she demonstrates how to cook chicken guvec.
Chef Allegra McEvedy explores the culinary culture of Istanbul. She visits a world-famous spice market and samples a variety of unique Turkish Delights.
Wild And Crazy Budget Games
Guy Fieri challenges four talented chefs to make tasty dishes on a budget. The winner gets a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.