Quick Spinach and Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
For the Sauce
1. Place chicken breasts in the center of a plastic food storage bag or 2 large sheets of waxed paper. Pound out the chicken from the center of the bag outward using a heavy-bottomed skillet or mallet. Be firm but controlled with your strokes.
2. Defrost spinach in the microwave. Transfer spinach to a kitchen towel. Twist towel around spinach and wring it out until very dry. Transfer to a medium-mixing bowl.
3. Place a nonstick skillet over moderate heat. When skillet is hot, add butter, mushrooms, garlic and shallot. Season with salt and pepper and saute 5 minutes. Transfer mushrooms, garlic and shallot to the food processor. Pulse to grind the mushrooms and transfer to the mixing bowl, adding the processed mushrooms to the spinach. Add ricotta and grated cheese to the bowl and the nutmeg. Stir to combine the stuffing. Return your skillet to the stove over medium high heat.
4. Place a mound of stuffing on each breast and wrap and roll breast over the stuffing. Secure breasts with toothpicks. Add 3 tablespoons oil to the pan, 3 turns of the pan. Add breasts to the pan and brown on all sides, cooking chicken 10 to 12 minutes. The meat will cook quickly because it is thin. Remove breasts; add butter to the pan and flour. Cook butter and flour for a minute, whisk in wine and reduce another minute. Whisk in broth and return breasts to the pan. Reduce heat and simmer until ready to serve.
5. Remove toothpicks. Serve breasts whole or, remove from pan, slice on an angle and fan out on dinner plates. Top stuffed chicken breasts or sliced stuffed breasts with generous spoonfuls of the sauce.
Other recipes with mushroom
Aubergine Stew with Honey and Golden Sultana Polenta
Turkey, Wild Mushroom and Parmesan Risotto
Turkey Strudel with Wild Mushrooms and Chestnuts
Parmigiano Reggiano, Pumpkin and Porcini Risotto
Japanese mushroom egg noodle soup
30-Minute Pan-Seared Salmon with Baby Bok Choy and Shiitake Mushrooms
Braised shanks with barley broth
Southeast Asian slow cooked winter vegetables
New York-Style Chopped Salad
Ginger and Coriander Corn Salad
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Wild mushroom grits with poached eggs and serrano chilli sauce and blue corn tortilla strips
Parma Ham and Wild Mushroom Beef Wellington
Cheese and Mushroom Omelette
Portobello Mushroom Burger
Gorgonzola and porcini mushroom risotto
Thai-Style Chicken, Shiitake and Tenderstem Brocolli with Noodles and Coconut Broth
Philly cheese steak
Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Christmas Cookie Challenge
Bakers compete to make awesome holiday cookies in hopes of winning $10,000.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Buddy Vs. Christmas
Baking legend Buddy Valastro has taken on every cake challenge imaginable. Now, to mark the festive season, he takes on America’s greatest non-baking artists in a series of delicious Christmas-themed challenges.
Man V. Food: Hall Of Fame
Food enthusiast Casey Webb travels across the U.S. in search of the country’s ultimate eating challenges. From his most memorable BBQ dishes to his favourite desserts, Casey counts down some of his greatest feasts.
Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food
Michelin-starred chef Tom Kerridge samples the best pub food the UK has to offer and demonstrates how to make hearty dishes inspired by British pub classics, from the comfort of your own home.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
The Best Of Man V. Food
From visiting America's greatest pig-out spots to taking on the most legendary eating challenges, Adam Richman has sampled some incredible dishes. Relive some of his favourite mouth-watering moments.
Santa To The Rescue
Host Raven-Symone challenges the five teams of cake and sugar artists to imagine what happens outside of the North Pole when Santa steps in to save the day.
Surprise Holiday Parade
Raven-Symone hosts as five teams of cake and sugar artists compete to impress judges Shinmin Li and Erin Acevedo in Santa's parade.
Chicken And Pie Party
Giada kickstarts the festive season with a pie party. On the menu is savoury butternut squash crostata, lemon-fried chicken and tiramisu ice box torta.
Giada gathers her friends for a cocktail party and gift exchange. On the menu is spinach and artichoke panini bites, warm citrus olives and delicious cocktails.
Giada's Turkey Day Feast
Giada shares her step-by-step approach for planning and executing the perfect Thanksgiving meal. On the menu is lemon and pea alfredo and kale salad.
Giada and her daughter host a Christmas party. They decorate sugar cookies, make sandwiches as well as double chocolate butter cookies and citrus slushies.
That's A Wrap! Party
Giada has friends and family round to enjoy delicious food and get into the festive spirit. Her buffet has antipasti skewers and Italian hot brown crostini.
The Night Before Christmas Party
Giada hosts an Italian Christmas Eve meal with a Californian twist. She makes red snapper puttanesca, crab and cherry fettuccine and mini lobster rolls.
Holiday Kick-Off Brunch
Giada De Laurentiis kicks off her holiday season with a bang. She makes a brunch of bacon and cranberry scones plus sweet potato and kale Spanish frittata.
Small Bites Pot-Luck Party
Giada hosts a party and asks her guests to bring their favourite holiday appetizers. Plus, she makes crispy chicken meatballs and cheese-stuffed peppers.
Family Christmas Dinner
Giada De Laurentiis pulls out all the stops for her Christmas meal. She makes a simple rib roast, blistered baby pepper salad and a panettone trifle.
Winter Wonderland Party
Giada De Laurentiis hosts a holiday party for children. After transforming the house into a winter wonderland, she makes delicious kid-friendly snacks.
Name That Holiday Tune Party
Giada De Laurentiis throws a costume party. On her festive menu is chicken piccata skewers, slow-roasted mustard-coated salmon and Cosmo punch.
Short Days And Long Nights
Valerie Bertinelli heats up the shortest day of the year with a good meal. Dishes include turkey sausages, fried chickpeas, and lemon shortbread.
I'm Outta Here
Valerie is going on a trip, so is preparing food for Tom while she’s away. She makes a farro, roasted beet and goat’s cheese salad and a beef bourguignon.
4th Down And Yum
Valerie hosts an American football-themed party with former NFL pro Eddie Jackson. The menu includes slow cooker sloppy joe sliders and roasted carrot hummus.
Valerie To The Rescue
After a friend of Valerie’s injures himself, she brings him a care-package including citrus marinated olives and manicotti stuffed with ricotta and sausage.
Brother Vs. Brother
Tom and his brother Dave are competing over their home brewed beer, so Valerie makes a beer themed menu including slow cooker pulled pork with fried shallots.
The Weather Outside
Valerie Bertinelli and her husband enjoy good food for bad weather. Dishes include shrimp scampi, pull-apart garlic bread, and hot chai with spiced rum.