Vietnamese Chicken Tacos
For the taco mix
For the filling
For the omelette
For the Tacos:
1. Mix all the ingredients together so you have a batter.
2. Take a large frying pan. Cover the pan with a little vegetable oil.
3. Separate the egg yolk and beat into the batter.
4. Whisk the egg white into a soft peak and fold this into the batter.
5. Fry in the frying pan in batches to make pancakes.
6. Take out and mould over a rolling pin to form a taco. Leave to cool and set.
For the Omelette:
7. Meanwhile make the omelette by mixing the beaten egg and water together, heat a small frying pan with a little oil add the egg mix and fry until cooked lightly.
8. Tip onto a plate, gently roll up and slice into strips.
For the Filling:
1. Into a medium saucepan, add the chicken breasts and the rest of the coconut milk. Top up with the chicken stock, lemongrass. Poach the chicken for around 12-15 minutes.
2. Remove once cooked and leave to cool.
3. Take a large frying pan and sauté the noodles until soft but with a crispy outside.
4. Remove the skin from the chicken and shred the cooked meat.
5. Mix the shredded chicken omelette gently with bean sprouts, garlic chives, chilli flakes, rau rum, saw tooth coriander, perilla,and sweet basil.
6. Place the mixture into the Taco and top with the crispy noodles. sprinkle with chopped peanuts and herbs.