Open Faced Hot Turkey Sammys
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time25 mins
For the smashed potatoes
For the warm apple cranberry sauce
For the stuffing
1) Place potatoes in a medium pot. Cut larger potatoes in half. Leave smaller baby potatoes whole. Cover potatoes with water and top with a lid. Place over high heat. When the water boils, salt water and cook potatoes with the lid off pot for 10 to 11 minutes, until tender.
2) Place a second low pot on the stove top over medium-high heat. Add apple sauce and tinned cranberry sauce. Stir to combine and gently heat through, about 10 minutes.
3) Toast 2 slices whole grain bread and butter heavily, 1/2 tablespoon per slice. Chop into small cubes and reserve.
4) Add extra-virgin olive oil and sausage meat to preheated skillet. Brown and crumble the sausage with a wooden spoon or heat safe spatula. Add onions and celery to the skillet then season with poultry seasoning and salt and pepper and cook 5 minutes. Add bread to the skillet and stir to combine. Dampen the stuffing with chicken stock and stir to combine. Turn off heat and cover pan loosely with aluminum foil to hold heat.
5) Preheat a second skillet over medium heat to prepare turkey and gravy.
6) Drain cooked potatoes and return to hot pot. Smash with soured cream, butter and crisped, chopped bacon. Season the smashed potatoes with salt and pepper. If they are too thick, thin them out with milk or a splash of broth.
7) Add 30g butter to preheated skillet and melt it. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute. Whisk in 500ml stock or broth. Add the poultry seasoning, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper to the gravy. Allow it to thicken slightly.
8) Cut roasted turkey meat away from the breast bones of rotisserie turkey breast. If you are using deli turkey, remove from packaging and separate slices. Set turkey into gravy.
9) Place a bread slice on dinner plate. Use a large ice cream scoop to place a mound of stuffing on the bread. Place turkey on top of stuffing. Serve smashed potatoes and cranberries on the side. Spoon the extra gravy over potatoes and turkey sandwiches. Sprinkle the plates with chopped parsley or chives and serve.
Other recipes with potato
Creamy Potato and Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Cinnamon
Mediterranean Sweet Potatoes with Beanz, Spinach and Feta
Other recipes with bacon
Avocado and Smoked Maple Bacon Sandwich with Bacon Jam
Toad in the Hole with Gorgonzola and Cumberland Sausages
Sweet Potato and Bacon Bites with Creamy Mustard Dipping Sauce
Fillet of Beef Bourguignon with Red Wine
Breakfast Eggs in Yorkshire Pudding Cups, 4 Ways
Baked Brie with Cranberry-Pecan-Bacon Crumble
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
Kids Baking Championship
A group of talented junior bakers compete in a series of very creative challenges to win the title of Kids Baking Champion and the $25,000 grand prize.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Bake Off: The Professionals
Teams of professional pastry chefs across Britain compete in a spectacular bake-off. They create exquisite desserts and showpieces in a bid to impress world-renowned judges and be crowned the winner.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Jamie's Great Britain
Jamie Oliver explores the history of British food and how British cuisine has been influenced by centuries of invasion, exploration, and immigration. He samples modern and traditional dishes and cooks up delicious meals inspired by his trip.
Man V. Food: Hall Of Fame
Food enthusiast Casey Webb travels across the U.S. in search of the country’s ultimate eating challenges. From his most memorable BBQ dishes to his favourite desserts, Casey counts down some of his greatest feasts.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Chef Nancy Fuller gathers the best the land has to offer and feeds her friends and family classic, farm fresh meals.
John Torode's Asia
Chef John Torode embarks on a spectacular journey around Asia. He tastes mouth-watering flavours and dishes and meets brilliant culinary teachers that inspire him to create new dishes of his own.
Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food
Michelin-starred chef Tom Kerridge samples the best pub food the UK has to offer and demonstrates how to make hearty dishes inspired by British pub classics, from the comfort of your own home.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Listless In Louisiana
Robert travels to Louisiana to visit Boutte's Bayou Restaurant. Owner Nick is too proud to ask for help, so Robert trains him be a leader and trust his staff.
Ainsley brings a classic British pub menu into the kitchen. His yummy dishes include sausages with mustard mash. And, Selasi Gbormittah makes hazelnut profiteroles.
Ree shares delicious eats to take to parties and cookouts. Dishes include a grilled potato salad, queso with grilled veggies and quick and easy fruit tarts.
House Of Cards
Robert visits Cafe No Fur in Las Vegas, where the owners – a model and a former poker player - must change their stubborn ways if they want the business to survive.
Ainsley recreates his favourite takeaway dishes, from Indian to Italian. Anita Rani joins him to cook a smoked aubergine curry, and Jeremy Pang makes crispy chilli beef.
Home: Dinner Start To Finish
Ree makes dinner in real time, starting at the end with dessert. And, she makes steak Diane, easy roasted parmesan potatoes and garlic butter mushrooms.
A Dream In Shambles
Robert heads to Las Vegas to work his magic at A Pizza Melody. The owner's husband has spent almost $1 million trying to make it a success, to no avail.
Ainsley celebrates a great British tradition: tea. He puts a modern twist on a classic with black forest brownies. And, actor John Partridge serves up sausage rolls.
Home: Tale Of 4 Dinners
Ree dishes up a tasty tale of four dinners. They include sticky soy glazed salmon with broccolini and lime rice, and creamy gnocchi with chorizo and peppers.
Adam is in Texas to chow down on a 42-inch pizza smothered in mozzarella. And, he is challenged to eat a five-pound grilled cheese sandwich.
Adam samples a Triple Threat Pork Sandwich in Detroit. And, he travels to Knoxville to take on a gigantic pork burrito challenge that’s never been conquered.
Adam tastes a succulent Italian beef sandwich and a slow-cooked BBQ brisket. Later, he is given 15 minutes to eat his way through a six-layer meat platter.
Adam visits a historic diner in Rhode Island to try a Triple Murder Burger. And, he is challenged to eat the six-pound Big Ugly Burger at a restaurant in Indiana.
A Day At The Races
The celebrity recruits race to make their own crostini. For the main dish challenge, the chefs teach them how to make a fancy steak dinner.
Adam bites into a chicken and cheddar biscuit sandwich. And, he has 15 minutes to finish a dozen jumbo wings soaked in super spicy sauce.
Adam tries a monster Burritozilla and competes in a super-spicy challenge: The Special Number Two. He must finish a fiery ramen soup that even the chef won't try.
Saving An American Dream
Robert helps a Russian immigrant who's fighting to save her Las Vegas restaurant, Burnt Offerings. He must find unique ways to raise revenue and cut costs.
Puzzle Me This
The remaining bakers make sugar cookie puzzles to secure a place in the final. Who will impress the judges with their creations and flavours and who will be go home?
Home: Mom Knows Best
Ree makes her mum's favourite food, starting with chocolate mousse and white clam pizza. She also makes a healthy salad and garlic spinach spaghetti.