Parmigiano Reggiano Roast Potato Salad with Parsley Egg and Caper Dressing
There’s a delicious simplicity to this roast potato salad – with its dual use of finely grated and shaved Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time50 mins
500g Small potatoes, halved
2 tbsp. Olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. Capers, rinsed and drained
2 tbsp. Fresh parsley, chopped
2 Handfuls mixed salad leaves
70g Parmigiano Reggiano, half finely grated, half shaved
3 tbsp. Olive oil
1½ tbsp. White wine vinegar
2 tsp. Wholegrain mustard
Pinch of sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan oven 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Put the potatoes into a roasting tin and add the olive oil, tossing to coat. Season with sea salt and black pepper, then roast until brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, hard-boil the eggs, then cool them in cold water. Shell and chop them finely. Combine them with the capers and parsley.
- Arrange the mixed salad leaves on two serving plates and share the potatoes between them. Sprinkle with the grated Parmigiano Reggiano, then top with the egg and caper mixture.
- Mix together the olive oil, vinegar and mustard and add a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper. Drizzle over the salads and finish off with the Parmigiano Reggiano shavings
Cook’s tip: It’s always the best idea to work from a block of Parmigiano Reggiano – you’ll release the finest flavour when you grate or shave it freshly. And the best way to shave it? Use a potato peeler!