BBQ prawns with cocktail sauce
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time8 mins
For the BBQ prawns
For the Neelys BBQ sauce
For the Neelys BBQ seasoning
For the cocktail sauce
1) Rinse the prawns thoroughly in cold water and place in large bowl.
2) Mix the cloves, seasoned salt, thyme, mustard, celery salt, pepper, and Neelys barbecue seasoning in a small bowl. Sprinkle the prawns with the seasoning mixture and toss. Add lemon juice and the BBQ sauce and mix thoroughly. Cover and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
3) Preheat the barbecue to a medium heat. Place the prawns on the grill, directly over the heat, and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side, until fully cooked. Serve with cocktail sauce and garnish with lemon wedges.
For the Neelys BBQ seasoning:
1) Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir until combined.
2) Keep in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
For the Neelys BBQ sauce:
1) In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
2) Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour 15 minutes.
For the cocktail sauce:
1) Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Serve chilled.