Charcoal Toasted Marshmallow with Raspberries, Ants and Flowers
1. Place the egg whites into a mixer and whisk on high.
2. Place sugar and water into a pan, and bring up to 118°C. Once at temperature slow the mixer down and slowly add the hot sugar syrup into the whites.
3. Whisk until the mixture is thick and silky.
4. Set one end of a thick stick on fire and burn until it is black and charred.
5. Smear a large spoonful onto a small piece of wood (or plate) take the hot charred stick and burn the top of the marshmallow. To replicate toasting a marshmallow on a stick whilst camping as a child.
6. Garnish with flowers, raspberries and ants.
7. The ants add citrus punch but can be substituted for dried lime zest powder.