Raspberry Ombré Cake
- Cooking Time40 mins
For the Vanilla Cake
For the Icing
For the decoration
1. Grease and line the bases of 2 x 8” cake tins. Preheat the oven to 160°C(fan)/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
2. Cream together the Stork and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the vanilla extract.
4. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
5. Sift in the flour and fold in until well blended.
6. Divide the cake mixture between the 2 tins and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden on top and springy to the touch.
7. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
8. Level the tops of the two cakes using a sharp serrated knife. Set onto a serving plate or cake board and sandwich together with the jam.
9. Prepare the icing beating together the Stork, icing sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
10. Using a palette knife coat the top of the cake with the plain icing. Start on the sides using the plain vanilla icing to coat the top quarter of the sides of the cake.
11. Divide the remaining Stork icing into 3 bowls. Add spoonfuls of raspberry puree to each portion to create 3 graduating shades from light to dark.
12. Use the raspberry icing in order from lightest to darkest to coat the next quarter down the sides of the cake until the sides are fully coated.
13. Run a palette knife around the sides to slightly blend and texture the ombré Stork icing and the top of the cake.
14. Decorate with the fresh raspberries and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Stork