White Bean Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. Meanwhile, put the beans in a food processor; add the maple syrup and puree until very smooth.
3. Add the bean mixture to the creamed butter in the bowl of the stand mixer and beat on medium speed until completely smooth, stopping and scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula several times, 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between additions; add the vanilla and mix until combined. Scrape down the bowl. Dont worry if the mixture looks curdled; it will smooth out when you add the dry ingredients.
5. Meanwhile, sift the flour, baking soda and salt together into a bowl. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto the prepared pans, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Bake until the cookies begin to turn golden around the edges, 10 to 12 minutes; do not overbake. Remove the cookies from the oven and cool for at least 10 minutes on the pan before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
7. Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.