Roasted Organic Pork with Salt and Pepper Crackling and Autumn Brassicas
- Cooking Time60 mins
For the roast pork:
For the crackling:
For the vegetables:
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas Mark 5.
2. Season the pork with salt and pepper. Add the pork to a hot pan, searing until the outside is completely golden brown. Add the butter and thyme, then place in the oven for 30-40 minutes if pink pork is desired, or up to 55 minutes if well done is preferred.
3. Take out of the oven and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
4. To make the crackling, use a sharp knife to cut long thin strips out of the rind. Make sure it is well seasoned with salt and pepper then transfer to a non-stick baking tray, fat-side up.
5. Place a sheet of baking paper on top of the rind strips, and then another heavy baking tray to ensure it stays flat. Bake in the same oven (190°C/gas mark 5) for 10-15 minutes until crispy. Leave it on some kitchen paper to drain and cool.
6. Put the whole cabbage in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until it can be easily cut with a knife. Take out of the oven and set aside to cool, then quarter and season with salt.
7. Cut each cauliflower into florets, keeping the individual colours separate. Simmer each cauliflower separately in salted water until just cooked, then drain and mix the melted butter in. Season with salt and place in a serving dish, then spread over the toasted breadcrumbs and sunflower seeds.
8. Carve the pork on a large board or plate and serve with the cabbage, crackling and cauliflowers.
For more inspiration and tips visit the Organic UK Facebook page.