Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Preparation Time25 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
1. With a sharp knife, carefully slice the chicken breast in half from top to bottom---meaning you'll have two similarly-sized chicken breasts that are much thinner.
2. Heat the butter and olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breast pieces and pan-fry them on both sides until they're done. Get as much golden brown color on the chicken as you can. When done, remove the chicken from the skillet and pour off any excess fat or oil (but don't clean the pan).
3. Return the chicken to the skillet and pour over the hot sauce. Turn the chicken to coat it on both sides and let it sit in the sauce while you prepare the other ingredients. (The heat should not be on under the skillet.)
4. Toss the salad greens in a large bowl with just enough Fast Blue Cheese Dressing to lightly coat (thin the dressing with a little milk if it's too gloopy). Heap some tossed salad into two individual bowls. Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles over the top. Slice the chicken into thin slices (on the bias) and arrange them over the top of each salad. (Dip the slices back into the sauce if necessary to really coat them.)
5. Top the whole thing with more blue cheese crumbles, and serve with celery hearts.
For the Fast Blue Cheese Dressing:
To a bowl add the mayo, milk, sour cream and Worcestershire, and stir until combined. Stir in the blue cheese and add salt and pepper to taste. Yield: 1 cup