Lamb Ribs with a Hot and Spicy Sauce
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
To make the stewing broth:
For the sauce:
1. To make the broth, add all the ingredients into a pan and adjust seasoning.
2. Bring the liquid to the boil then add the ribs.
3. Reduce the heat to simmer and slow cook for approximately half an hour uncovered. The meat should almost fall off the bone and the broth should have reduced considerably. Once done turn off the heat and allow the ribs to cool in the liquor.
4. In the meantime make the dressing, by mixing all the ingredients into a bowl and season to taste and set aside.
5. As soon as they have cooled down, cut the ribs into bite size portions and coat with the cornflour, making sure the ribs are coated firmly.
6. Using a wok heat over a high heat enough oil to deep fry the ribs until almost smoking.
7. Once the oil is ready, begin to deep fry the ribs in batches until the edges crisp up and begin to turn golden.
8. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
9. Serve on a platter, drizzle over the dressing. Garnish with the chilli and spring onion.