Ricotta cheesecake with warmed cherries
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time50 mins
For the cheesecake
For the cherries
1) Preheat the oven to 170C/Gas 3. Lightly butter or oil a 950ml glass loaf tin. Line the bottom and ends of the tin with a long piece of greaseproof paper
2) Blend the ricotta, milk, sour cream, eggs, yolks, sugar, flour, salt and lemon zest in a blender or food processor, until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour into the prepared loaf tin.
3) Bake until just set and barely golden, about 40 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave to cool in the oven for 10 minutes, then cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
For the cherries:
1) Toss the cherries, sugar and salt in a bowl and set aside for 30 minutes. Cook the cherry mixture over a medium-high heat until they soften and the juice gets syrupy, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the rum and lemon juice.
2) Lift the cheesecake out of the pan, using the paper, and transfer to a cutting board. Slice into serving pieces and place on a platter. Spoon the warm or room temperature cherries on top.
Copyright (c) 2007 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.
Other recipes with lemon
Lemon-Blueberry Ricotta-Buttermilk Pancakes
Sous Vide Cod with Chilli, Garlic and Coriander Butter with Cherry Tomato and Chorizo Ragu
Spicy prawns and spaghetti aglio olio (garlic and oil)
Fresh fettuccine with roasted chicken and broccoli rabe
Germany's version of the South Philly cheese steak with a twist
Grape gelee with lemon, basil and crystallised ginger whipped cream
Gok Wan's Easy Asian
Man Fire Food
Hairy Bikers' Mississippi Adventure
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Trisha's Southern Kitchen
The Pioneer Woman
Gok Wan's Chinese Takeaway
James Martin's United Cakes Of America
Ainsley explores the food culture on the stunning island of Sardinia. He takes a pasta masterclass and learns how to make a uniquely Sardinian dish.