Ultimate prawn-crayfish-crab croquette burger with garlic aioli
- Preparation Time35 mins
- Cooking Time8 mins
For the garlic aioli
For the prawn-crawfish-crab croquettes
For the Emeril's ESSENCE Creole seasoning
For the Shiner Bock beer bread
1) Combine the egg yolks, mustard and garlic cloves in a food processor. Whilst processing, add 250ml of the olive oil in a fine stream to make an emulsion.
2) Add lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and cayenne, then add the remaining oil and process until thick and smooth. Refrigerate until needed.
For the croquettes:
1) Cook the rice in 500ml of boiling salted water for 20 to 25 minutes or until done. Add the butter whilst the rice is still hot.
2) In a mixing bowl, stir the flour and eggs to make a light batter. Add the rice, spring onions and jalapenos; mix well. Add the prawn, crawfish, crabmeat, lemon juice and all the seasonings.
3) Combine until incorporated but DO NOT OVERMIX to avoid breaking up crabmeat. Refrigerate this mixture for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
4) Shape the mixture into patties the size of buns and about 1 to 1.5cm thick and coat with cracker crumbs. (An ice cream scoop helps keep portion sizes the same.)
5) Heat some oil in a 25cm iron skillet until bubbles come up from the bottom of a wooden spoon when inserted. Oil should be hot but not smoking. Fry the croquettes over a medium to medium-high heat until golden brown on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper. Season with a sprinkle of salt.
6) Grill the halved rolls over medium heat until toasted. Spread garlic aioli on each half. Place 1 croquette on the bottom half of the roll; top with slice of cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and gherkin/jalapenos. Top with other half roll. Serve with your favourite spicy potato crisps.
*RAW EGG WARNING
Food Network Kitchens suggest caution in consuming raw and lightly-cooked eggs due to the slight risk of Salmonella or other food-borne illness. To reduce this risk, we recommend you use only fresh, properly-refrigerated, clean, eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the outer shell.
For Emeril's ESSENCE Creole seasoning:
1) Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
For the Shiner Bock beer bread:
1) In a large non-metal mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast with warm water, add the honey and stir. Allow the yeast to activate and begin to bloom. Add 560g of the flour, the salt, oil, beer and beaten eggs.
2) Stir with wooden spoon until thoroughly mixed. Turn out and onto heavily floured surface. Work this flour into the dough, by kneading 10 to 15 minutes as the dough will be sticky. Knead until smooth and it "comes back" when pushed with your finger.
3) Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, rolling it around to coat with oil. Cover with cling film and put in a warm place until doubled in size.
4) When the dough has doubled, punch down in the middle and let it rest for 5 minutes. Divide the dough into 8 to 12 (7.5cm) rolls. Smooth, place on baking trays and brush with melted butter. Cover with cling film and allow to rise a second time until doubled in size.
5) Preheat oven to 180C/ Gas 4. Bake the rolls for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven, brush with melted butter and cover with greaseproof paper until cooled.
Other recipes with egg
Big Herby Yorkshire Pudding
Tofu Skewers With Walnut Pesto
Italian Burger with Caramelised Onions
Full English Breakfast Bowl Rolls
Individual Sticky Toffee Puddings
Victoria Sponge Cake
Black Pudding Scotch Eggs
Meatball Scone Sandwiches
Thai Red Curry Scotch Eggs
Sweet and Sour Pork Sliders
Slaughter's Summer Fruit Tarts
Brioche Tea Sandwiches
Turkey, Red Pepper and Basil Frittata
Turkey and Brussels Bubble and Squeak
Basil, Ricotta, Walnut and Parma Ham Cocktail Quiches
Candy Cane Cookies
Mini Christmas Cakes with Soft Silver Pearls
Mini Christmas Cakes
Other recipes with rice
30-Minute Pan-Seared Salmon with Baby Bok Choy and Shiitake Mushrooms
15-Minute Asian Rice Salad
Spicy tuna roll
Chicken Summer Rolls
Egg-and-Kimchi Rice Bowls
Bacon and Broccoli Rice Bowl
Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
Warm Lamb and Rice Salad
Biggest and Best Bibimbap
Spicy Red Curry Chicken and Rice
Easy Lobster Paella
Rice Bowl with Veggie Flowers and Hoisin
Parmigiano Reggiano, Pumpkin and Porcini Risotto
Prawn sushi rolls
Slow cooker ginger-soy short ribs and green rice with lime
Sesame red curry chicken with bok choy and sweet coconut rice
Slow-Cooker Coconut Rice Pudding
Lentil and rice salad
Parma Ham, Avocado and Cucumber Sushi Bites
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Christmas Cookie Challenge
Bakers compete to make awesome holiday cookies in hopes of winning $10,000.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Comedy Couples Cookoff
Three celebrity couples featuring comedy performers compete in Guy's games. First, they must shop separate halves of the store to make their breakfast in bed.
Craziest Day in Flavortown
Four all-star chefs wear body cams for Guy Fieri's craziest competition ever, with appearances from rocker Bret Michaels and actor Lee Majors.
A Night In
Gok Wan shares his menu for the perfect night in, including prawn toast, a fragrant egg and roast potato curry, and almond biscuits with an ice cream treat.
Gok gives three retro dishes an Asian makeover! He cooks up a Christmas chicken curry pie, fish finger sandwiches and a cardamon and white chocolate ice cream.
Divine Dinner Parties
Gok cooks up three tantalising Asian recipes perfect for dinner parties. He makes aromatic Asian spiced cauliflower and a bubbling showpiece of a miso hot pot.
Gok cooks his ultimate celebration feast, including his perfect egg fried rice and sizzling beef, a traditional Chinese taro cake and a light pandan chiffon cake.
Gok Wan cooks up three tasty dishes for the perfect summer menu, including succulent miso aubergines and one of his favourite Thai salads.
Gok Wan shares his recipes for four comforting dishes, starting with a light and nourishing Detox Soup. Next, he makes a Wan family favourite of crispy noodles.
Gok Wan embarks on an exhilarating adventure into South East Asian food. He shares delicious and easy recipes, from classic curries to street food favourites.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
Four chicken-fanatic chefs put their poultry skills to the test in two rounds of chicken dishes at Flavortown Market.
Extreme Frozen Games
Four chefs play cool games by preparing hot dishes using only frozen food. Later, they may use a non-frozen ingredient if they score a "grocery hockey" goal.
Guy challenges four chefs to make a fruit-forward feast. The remaining chefs make a fine-dining fruit dinner featuring fruit they don't knock over in a game of bowling.
Guy challenges the competitors to a culinary spelling bee. Over the course of the two rounds as they make chicken dinners and go-to seafood dishes.
In the finale, the bakers must create a tsunami cake featuring lemons and avocados. Plus, they are challenged to build a two-foot-tall Hawaiian-themed dessert showpiece.
Guy Fieri marks the grand opening of the Flavortown Market 2.0 by giving four GGG legends one hour to cook a dinner complete with an appetiser and entree.
Nuts and Seeds
Ainsley uses nuts and seeds to create some tasty dishes. He begins with a roasted beetroot, candied walnut, and goat’s cheese salad that’s full of earthy flavours.
Bigger, Badder Budget Battle
Chefs with a knack for cooking on a budget take on two of Guy’s new budget games. They have to turn a budget bag of groceries into an upscale dinner.
Guy Fieri hands four all-star chefs the ultimate vegetarian challenge: two vegetarian dishes in one hour using no more than 15 ingredients.