Apple-sage glazed grilled whole turkey with grilled apples
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time300 mins
2) Place the apple mixture in a food processor and add the sage. Pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Let cool to room temperature.
3) Have a large drip pan filled with a little water positioned under where the turkey will be placed on the griddle. Brush the entire turkey with oil and season with salt and pepper.
4) Cook the turkey on all sides until golden brown. Reduce the heat of the griddle to medium to maintain a constant 78°C temperature of 176°C. Cook turkey until a thermometer inserted into the thigh registers 75°C to 80°C.
5) Begin brushing the entire turkey with the apple glaze during the last 15 mins of cooking. Remove from the griddle and brush with more of the glaze. Let rest for 15 mins before slicing.
6) Griddle the sliced apples for 2 to 3 mins on each side and serve with the turkey.