Asian-spiced duck breasts with ginger-chilli glaze
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
For the Asian spice rub
For the ginger-garlic-chilli glaze
2) Rub the skin side of each breast with a few tbsp of the spice rub and place on the grill, rub side down. Grill until slightly charred and the skin begins to get crispy, about 4 to 5 minutes.
3) Turn the breasts over, brush with some of the glaze and continue grill to medium-rare doneness, another 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the duck from the grill and brush with more of the glaze.
4) Allow to rest for 5 minutes then slice 0.5cm thick on the diagonal. Place the grilled spring onions on a platter and top with the sliced duck breast. Serve with warm tortillas.
Asian spice rub:
1) Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
1) Heat the oil in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic and cook until soft. Add the chili paste and cook for 1 minute.
2) Whisk in the honey and soy and cook until just combined and the honey has melted. Leave to cool before using.