Cajun pork tenderloin with braised greens
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time40 mins
For the braised greens
For the pork
1) Cook the bacon over medium heat in a large skillet until browned, about 6 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper flakes and tomato, and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
2) Stir in the kale and 375ml stock, cover, cook until wilted, about 8 minutes. Stir in 65ml stock and vinegar, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
For the pork:
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
2) Combine the Cajun spice, 1 tbsp of the olive oil, and salt to make a paste. Rub the pork with spice paste.
3) Heat a skillet over medium-high. Add the remaining olive oil and sear the pork, turning until all sides are golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes total. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the meat registers 65C, about 10 to 12 minutes.
4) Set aside for 5 minutes to rest on a cutting board.
5) Deglaze the pan with 120ml chicken stock. Reduce a little and swirl in butter. Thinly slice the pork, divide among 4 plates. Drizzle with pan sauce and serve with the braised greens and dinner rolls or biscuits.