Chocolate custard cream with spiced raspberries
- Preparation Time60 mins
- Cooking Time12 mins
For the chocolate sheet
For the cocoa nib cream
For the port sauce
1) In a saucepan, mix the cream, water, sugar, and carageenan. Add the melted chocolate and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
2) Pour through a chinois onto an acetate-lined quarter sheet pan. Let set.
For the cocoa nib cream:
1) Bring 240ml of the cream to a boil in a saucepan with the cocoa nibs. Simmer for 5 minutes, and then pour into a blender and blend well. Transfer to a bowl and add the gelatine.
2) In a medium bowl, whip the whites and sugar to medium peaks. Fold the whites into the cocoa nib mixture.
3) Whip the remaining 240ml cream to soft peaks and fold into the nibs-egg white mixture. Pour onto an acetate lined quarter sheet pan.
For the port sauce:
In a small saucepan, simmer the port with the cloves, cinnamon, star anise, and allspice until it reduces to a syrup consistency.
For the cocoa nib tuiles:
1) Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas Mark 5.
2) Grind the isomalt, cocoa nibs, and shortbread biscuits into a fine powder. Sift onto a parchment paper-lined sheet tray. Bake for 7 minutes. Let cool slightly and cut into desired shape.
To assemble the dessert:
1) Gently place the chocolate sheet atop the cocoa nib cream sheet.
2) Using a ring cutter, cut out a circle or square. Top with a similar size cocoa nib tuile. Garnish with a few fresh raspberries dressed in the port sauce.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation.