Glazed caramelised roasted banana bread drop doughnuts
- Preparation Time35 mins
- Cooking Time40 mins
For the glaze
2) Remove and coarsely mash with a fork, still leaving chunks of bananas. Set aside.
3) Heat 7.5cm of oil in a large Dutch oven or large deep-fryer over a medium heat, to 180C.
4) In a large bowl sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt; set aside. Gently whisk the double cream, soured cream and egg until just combined. Slowly stir the banana mixture, cream mixture and cinnamon chips into the dry ingredients until just combined.
5) Using a medium scoop (holding approximately 1 1/2 tbsp), scoop the dough in batches and carefully drop into the hot oil, about 8 at a time. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes turning frequently, or until golden brown.
6) Transfer the doughnuts with a skimmer onto a kitchen paper-lined plate to drain, until all have been fried.
7) In the top of a double boiler set over simmering water, mix the milk, butter, and vanilla until the butter is melted. Slowly add sugar, beating until the glaze is smooth. Dip the doughnuts into the glaze, turning to coat, and carefully transfer them to a large sheet of greaseproof paper to dry.
8) Serve the glazed doughnuts warm or at room temperature.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore we cannot make representation as to the results.