Goat Cheese, cherry, and walnut stuffed duck breast with a champagne glaze
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time12 mins
2) Combine the vinegar, melted butter, and olive oil, with a little salt and pepper in a bowl and marinate the duck breasts for at least 8 hours, refrigerated. When ready to grill, remove breast from marinade.
3) Macerate the dried cherries in 125ml of the Champagne for 10 minutes.
4) Pour the rest of the champagne in a saucepan and simmer, until reduced by 75%; set aside to cool.
5) In a small mixing bowl, mix together the goat cheese, macerated cherries, and walnuts until well combined.
6) Stuff each duck breast with the mixture and seal with a toothpick.
7) When the Champagne has cooled to room temperature, stir in the sugar.
8) Before the sugar begins to dissolve, brush the mixture onto the duck breast and place on a preheated grill. Grill 3 minutes on 1 side; then turn 45 degrees to create nice grill mark crosshatches. Continue to brush the duck breasts with the glaze while cooking. Flip the breast and cook on the other side, until cooked through, slightly pink inside.
9) In the last seconds of grilling, place the breast on the hottest part of the grill for 8 to 12 seconds to sear. Transfer to warmed plates and serve immediately.
Serving suggestion: Roasted root vegetables like cubed butternut squash, acorn squash, and parsnips. Or maple syrup whipped sweet potatoes.