Organic Plum and Cardamom Brûlée
- Cooking Time20 mins
1. Heat the oven to 150°C, gas mark 2.
2. Cut the plums into small chunks and place in the bottom of six ramekins.
3. Place the cream and cardamom pods in a pan and heat to just below boiling. Take off the heat and leave to infuse for 30 minutes. Whisk the egg yolks with caster sugar and add the yogurt. Whisk the yogurt mixture into the cream. Strain the custard to remove the cardamom then pour into the ramekins, over the plums.
4. Place the ramekins in a small roasting tin and pour hot water into the tin to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for 20-30 minutes until the custards are just set. Cool, and then chill for 2-3 hours or overnight.
5. Just before serving sprinkle some caster sugar about 2mm thick over the surface of the ramekins. Brown under a very hot grill or melt with a blowtorch until the surface is golden and caramelized.
For more inspiration and tips visit the Organic UK Facebook page.