Pork Milanese with warm autumn salad and poached egg
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
2) Season the pork generously with salt on both sides. Using 1 hand for wet ingredients and the other hand for dry ingredients, coat the meat in the flour, then in the eggs, and then in the breadcrumbs, pressing the panko onto the pork to adhere. Set aside until ready to cook.
3) Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or greaseproof paper. Spread a tbsp of the grated parmesan into a thin circle about 7.5cm in diameter to form a frico. Repeat 3 more times.
4) Put the baking sheet into the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and reduce the heat to 90C/Gas 1/4 or as low as it will go.
5) In a large saucepan over high heat, bring about 5cm to 7.5cm of water to a boil. Add the white vinegar and reduce the heat to bring the water to a bare simmer. Carefully crack the remaining 4 eggs into the water and cook until the whites are set but the yolk is still soft, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and place them into a bowl of ice water to stop them cooking. Keep the water on the hob to reheat the eggs when you are ready to serve.
6) Add about 1cm of olive oil to a large frying pan over a medium heat. Check the temperature of the oil by dipping the edge of the pork into the oil; if it does not sizzle and bubble STOP and WAIT! Check again in another minute; if the oil is smoking it is too hot.
7) When the oil is at the proper temperature gently add the meat. Do not crowd the pan or you will end up with greasy pork; it may be necessary to work in batches. When the pork is beautifully golden brown on each side and cooked through, remove from the pan and blot on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and put in the oven on a baking sheet to keep warm.
8) Pour a thin layer of oil in another large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onions and a pinch of chilli flakes, season with salt and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms, season with salt, and cook until they are soft and wilted, about 3 to 4 minutes. If the pan is looking dry add another few drops of olive oil.
9) Add the rocket, radicchio and red wine vinegar. Toss to combine and add more olive oil if needed. Season with salt, if needed.
10) When you are ready to serve, remove the poached eggs from the ice bath and put them back into the hot water to heat through. Arrange a piece of pork in the centre of each serving plate and top it with some of the salad. Remove each egg from the hot water and pat dry. Put it on top of the salad and sprinkle with a few chilli flakes. Carefully remove a frico from the baking sheet and prop it up next to the egg on each plate. Sprinkle some extra Parmesan all around and drizzle with some olive oil. You rock!
Other recipes with pork
Anna Olson's Gyoza
Crispy Roast Pork Belly with Salty Caramelised Apples
Roasted Pheasant (Pheasant Alla Fiorentina)
Pancetta-Wrapped Pork Roast
Pork and Prawn Boiled Wontons
Smokey apple cinnamon meatloaf
Witch's Ribs with Halloween Toasts
Spicy Pop Pulled Pork
Pulled Pork and Chilli Burritos
Slow-Roasted Pulled Pork and Creamed Beans
Black Bean Soup with Mojo
Slow Cooker Pepper Pork Chops
Slow-Cooker Swedish Meatballs
Shredded Pork Tacos
Thai Pork and Noodle Salad
Black Pudding and Pear Pies
Roast loin of pork with fennel
Fontina and Prosciutto Stuffed Pork Chops with Grilled Polenta Squares and Roasted California Grapes
Cheese Burst Lasagne
Sweet Sticky Ribs
Other recipes with mushroom
Vegetable Guo Tieh
Money Bags Filled with Fried Tofu in Red Curry Sauce
Aubergine Stew with Honey and Golden Sultana Polenta
Turkey, Wild Mushroom and Parmesan Risotto
Turkey Strudel with Wild Mushrooms and Chestnuts
Parmigiano Reggiano, Pumpkin and Porcini Risotto
Japanese mushroom egg noodle soup
30-Minute Pan-Seared Salmon with Baby Bok Choy and Shiitake Mushrooms
Braised shanks with barley broth
Southeast Asian slow cooked winter vegetables
New York-Style Chopped Salad
Ginger and Coriander Corn Salad
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Wild mushroom grits with poached eggs and serrano chilli sauce and blue corn tortilla strips
Parma Ham and Wild Mushroom Beef Wellington
Cheese and Mushroom Omelette
Portobello Mushroom Burger
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
Holiday Baking Championship: Gingerbread Showdown
Teams tackle themed gingerbread build challenges for a prize worth $10,000.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Christmas Cookie Challenge
Bakers compete to make awesome holiday cookies in hopes of winning $10,000.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
Duff Goldman challenges talented bakers from across America to a spooky baking competition. These experts go head to head to see who can impress the judges with their edible Halloween creations for a chance to win the $10,000 prize.
Buddy Vs. Christmas
Baking legend Buddy Valastro has taken on every cake challenge imaginable. Now, to mark the festive season, he takes on America’s greatest non-baking artists in a series of delicious Christmas-themed challenges.
Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Home Cooking
Gordon Ramsay shares his top recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Here To Persevere!
Host Ted Allen challenges four chefs to make an appetiser using cocktail fruit slices, canned clam sauce and sausage-stuffed pancakes on sticks.
Grandma Grocery Games
Guy Fieri welcomes four grandmothers to show off their culinary skills. In one round, they must cook their most requested family dish.
All ABC Games
Guy Fieri invites chefs to compete in three rounds featuring seafood and fried ingredients. The winner will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
All-Stars' Full Meal
Celebrity chefs take on three-course meal challenges. In one round, the chefs must include a special ingredient of Guy's choosing in their international dish.
Guy Fieri welcomes three couples to take on his culinary games. In one round, the loved-up duos must work against the clock to make a wedding dinner.
Pro Athletes And Judges
Guy invites three professional athletes to test their culinary skills. In one round, the sporting stars must shop for their ingredients while blindfolded.
Allegra travels to the Aegean coast and explores the diet of Turkey’s past. Back at home, she feels inspired to make a tasty artichoke and sausage salad.
Allegra heads to the vibrant city of Bursa and explores the morning food markets. Later, she learns from the grandson of the man who invented the doner kebab.
Three teams of chefs represent their restaurants as they compete in two action-packed rounds. The winning team will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to get creative and assemble tasty sandwiches. The chef who has the most skill between two slices of bread will win up to $20,000.
Guy Fieri gives four home cooks a chance to prove their culinary skills. The rookie who best rises to the challenge will win a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
Ultimate Asian Food Showdown
Four chefs face off to see who can make the tastiest Asian cuisine. In one round, the chefs must use tiny carts to shop for their rice dishes.
Guy Fieri invites three of America’s best cheese chefs to take on his culinary games. The final round pits the competitors against chef Eric Greenspan.
Allegra is in Iznik to learn the secrets to making a stuffed flatbread called gozleme. Back in the kitchen, she demonstrates how to cook chicken guvec.
Chef Allegra McEvedy explores the culinary culture of Istanbul. She visits a world-famous spice market and samples a variety of unique Turkish Delights.
Wild And Crazy Budget Games
Guy Fieri challenges four talented chefs to make tasty dishes on a budget. The winner gets a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
The chefs are challenged to make full meals for four on a budget of $5. The competitor who beats some of Guy's toughest games yet gets prize worth up to $20,000.
All Budget Wheel Games
Guy Fieri spins a wheel to decide how much the chefs will get to spend on ingredients for their dishes. The winner gets a prize worth up to $20,000.
Clash Of The Vegetarians!
Four veggie masters compete for a prize worth up to $20,000. In one round, a wheel determines the classic meat dishes the chefs must make vegetarian.