Pork Milanese with warm autumn salad and poached egg
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
2) Season the pork generously with salt on both sides. Using 1 hand for wet ingredients and the other hand for dry ingredients, coat the meat in the flour, then in the eggs, and then in the breadcrumbs, pressing the panko onto the pork to adhere. Set aside until ready to cook.
3) Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or greaseproof paper. Spread a tbsp of the grated parmesan into a thin circle about 7.5cm in diameter to form a frico. Repeat 3 more times.
4) Put the baking sheet into the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and reduce the heat to 90C/Gas 1/4 or as low as it will go.
5) In a large saucepan over high heat, bring about 5cm to 7.5cm of water to a boil. Add the white vinegar and reduce the heat to bring the water to a bare simmer. Carefully crack the remaining 4 eggs into the water and cook until the whites are set but the yolk is still soft, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and place them into a bowl of ice water to stop them cooking. Keep the water on the hob to reheat the eggs when you are ready to serve.
6) Add about 1cm of olive oil to a large frying pan over a medium heat. Check the temperature of the oil by dipping the edge of the pork into the oil; if it does not sizzle and bubble STOP and WAIT! Check again in another minute; if the oil is smoking it is too hot.
7) When the oil is at the proper temperature gently add the meat. Do not crowd the pan or you will end up with greasy pork; it may be necessary to work in batches. When the pork is beautifully golden brown on each side and cooked through, remove from the pan and blot on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and put in the oven on a baking sheet to keep warm.
8) Pour a thin layer of oil in another large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onions and a pinch of chilli flakes, season with salt and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms, season with salt, and cook until they are soft and wilted, about 3 to 4 minutes. If the pan is looking dry add another few drops of olive oil.
9) Add the rocket, radicchio and red wine vinegar. Toss to combine and add more olive oil if needed. Season with salt, if needed.
10) When you are ready to serve, remove the poached eggs from the ice bath and put them back into the hot water to heat through. Arrange a piece of pork in the centre of each serving plate and top it with some of the salad. Remove each egg from the hot water and pat dry. Put it on top of the salad and sprinkle with a few chilli flakes. Carefully remove a frico from the baking sheet and prop it up next to the egg on each plate. Sprinkle some extra Parmesan all around and drizzle with some olive oil. You rock!
Other recipes with pork
Pork and Prawn Boiled Wontons
Smokey apple cinnamon meatloaf
Crispy Roast Pork Belly with Salty Caramelised Apples
Witch's Ribs with Halloween Toasts
Spicy Pop Pulled Pork
Pulled Pork and Chilli Burritos
Slow-Roasted Pulled Pork and Creamed Beans
Black Bean Soup with Mojo
Slow Cooker Pepper Pork Chops
Shredded Pork Tacos
Slow-Cooker Swedish Meatballs
Thai Pork and Noodle Salad
Black Pudding and Pear Pies
Roast loin of pork with fennel
Fontina and Prosciutto Stuffed Pork Chops with Grilled Polenta Squares and Roasted California Grapes
Cheese Burst Lasagne
Sweet Sticky Ribs
Vietnamese Beef and Pork Pho
Pork Belly with Celeriac Remoulade
Other recipes with mushroom
30-Minute Pan-Seared Salmon with Baby Bok Choy and Shiitake Mushrooms
Japanese mushroom egg noodle soup
Braised shanks with barley broth
Parmigiano Reggiano, Pumpkin and Porcini Risotto
Southeast Asian slow cooked winter vegetables
New York-Style Chopped Salad
Ginger and Coriander Corn Salad
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Wild mushroom grits with poached eggs and serrano chilli sauce and blue corn tortilla strips
Parma Ham and Wild Mushroom Beef Wellington
Cheese and Mushroom Omelette
Portobello Mushroom Burger
Gorgonzola and porcini mushroom risotto
Thai-Style Chicken, Shiitake and Tenderstem Brocolli with Noodles and Coconut Broth
Philly cheese steak
Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables
Full-English Breakfast Potato Bowls
Vegetable Guo Tieh
Wild Mushroom Tortellini
Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Michel Roux’s French Country Cooking
Michel Roux Jr showcases the unique cuisine of Southern France. He sources incredible local ingre-dients, samples delicious dishes and shares his favourite recipes that are simple and easy to make.
Haunted Gingerbread Showdown
Nine of America’s best gingerbread artists craft spooky gingerbread creations for a chance to win the ultimate Halloween treat: a top prize of $25,000!
The Best Of Man V. Food
From visiting America's greatest pig-out spots to taking on the most legendary eating challenges, Adam Richman has sampled some incredible dishes. Relive some of his favourite mouth-watering moments.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Kids Baking Championship
A group of talented junior bakers compete in a series of very creative challenges to win the title of Kids Baking Champion and the $25,000 grand prize.
Man V. Food: Hall Of Fame
Food enthusiast Casey Webb travels across the U.S. in search of the country’s ultimate eating challenges. From his most memorable BBQ dishes to his favourite desserts, Casey counts down some of his greatest feasts.
The Hairy Bikers' Comfort Food
For the Hairy Bikers, nothing beats delicious comfort food. Si and Dave share some of their favourite feel-good recipes and reveal the fascinating stories behind iconic dishes.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food
Michelin-starred chef Tom Kerridge samples the best pub food the UK has to offer and demonstrates how to make hearty dishes inspired by British pub classics, from the comfort of your own home.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Chef Nancy Fuller gathers the best the land has to offer and feeds her friends and family classic, farm fresh meals.
Girl Meets Farm
Cookbook author and food blogger, Molly Yeh, makes delicious dishes inspired by her Jewish and Chinese heritage in her farmhouse kitchen in the Midwest.
Dinner In Napa
For a meal with Jeffrey Ina makes couscous and tuna salad with raspberry bars. They have dinner with Michael Chiarello who makes his great chicken with grapes.
Ina makes a surprise birthday dinner for a friend. She fills her fridge with Italian seafood salad, German chocolate cupcakes and a delicious cheeseboard.
Eat Like A Local
Ina makes tomato crostini and whipped feta for lunch and learns how to make a local recipe of buttermilk fried chicken. Then, she chooses drinks: spritz or gimlet
Ina turns classic lobster recipe into a Deconstructed Lobster Salad. Later, she learns to make the Michelin-starred Auberge du Soleil’s signature Torte Au Chocolat.
Perfect Day In East Hampton
Ina whips up raspberry muffins for breakfast. Later, she cooks with the local chef Joe Isidori before heading back to the barn for soup with Jeffrey.
Local Food Heroes
Ina, inspired by the fabulous food in the Hamptons, creates new recipes for her blog. She makes salmon and guacamole sandwiches and balsamic roasted beet salad.
Ina Garten shares her secrets for effortless entertaining with chili tortilla chips, slow roasted beef, roasted balsamic brussels sprouts and truffled mashed potatoes.
Library Inaugural Drinks
Ina makes fig and fennel caponata, an antipasto platter and mashed chickpeas and mussels to thank the team that designed and built a library at her barn.
Birthday Boat Party
Ina sets sail down the Hudson River to celebrate a friend's birthday. She brings portable food including hot smoked salmon, fresh dill sauce and carrot cake.
Surprise Italian Party
Ina is hosting a surprise dinner party with an Italian theme. She shares her dinner party knowledge and strategies, from menu planning to setting the scene.
Ina has a romantic plan for her wedding anniversary. Her menu includes crispy mustard chicken, creamy cheddar grits and chocolate peanut butter globs.
What's Cooking in Brooklyn
Ina makes a Southern-style breakfast of grits with ham and gravy at Seersucker Restaurant. Later, at Bien Cuit Bakery, she bakes perfect baguettes.
Cooking With Michael Symon
Ina and Michael Symon cook a Greek feast. He makes delicious smoked pork ribs on the grill whilst she whips up the side dishes, like spicy hummus.
Fun In The City
Ina gets to cook in two incredible New York restaurants. At John Dory Oyster Bar she learns the secret to making oyster pan roast and uni butter crostini.
Cooking With Tyler Florence
Ina has a cooking date with chef Tyler Florence. They bake a birthday cake together and visit the local farm scene to pick up vegetables and chicken.
Best Barefoot Grilling
Ina shares some of her favourite grilling recipes. She makes Tuscan lemon chicken, Indonesian swordfish, corn on the cob and Panzanella.
Cooking With Giada De Laurentiis
Ina invites Giada De Laurentiis round for a day of cooking together. They enjoy lobster and potato salad for lunch and then Giada makes a delicious gnocchi dish.
Welcome To Town Party
Ina throws a housewarming party with dishes including corn and avocado salad and tequila citrus chicken. Plus, she shares cheese and dessert platter tips.
Old New York
Ina learns from New York's food greatest by taking smoked salmon and bagel masterclass at a Jewish store and a steak lesson from a legendary butcher.