Pork Milanese with warm autumn salad
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
2) Season the pork generously with salt on both sides. Using 1 hand for wet ingredients and the other hand for dry ingredients, coat the meat in the flour, then in the eggs, and then in the breadcrumbs, pressing the panko onto the pork to adhere. Set aside until ready to cook.
3) Add the olive oil to a large frying pan over a medium heat, to a depth of about a 1cm. Check the temperature of the oil by dipping the edge of the pork into it; if it does not sizzle and bubble STOP and WAIT! Check again in another minute; if the oil is smoking it is too hot.
4) When the oil is at the proper temperature gently add the pork. Do not crowd the pan or you will end up with greasy pork; it may be necessary to work in batches. When the pork is beautifully golden brown and cooked through, remove from the pan and blot on paper towels. Put the pork on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and place in the warm oven.
5) Pour a thin layer of oil into another large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, season with salt, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms, season with salt, and cook until they are soft and wilted, about 3 to 4 minutes. If the pan is looking dry add another few drops of olive oil.
6) Toss in the apples and remove the pan from the heat. Add the escarole and radicchio and toss with the vinegar and more olive oil and salt, if needed.
7) Arrange a piece of pork in the centre of each plate and top with the salad. Sprinkle with the shaved pecorino and pumpkin seeds. You rock!