Portobello Mushroom Lasagne
Cono Sur wine pairing: Enrich the earthiness of mushrooms with a tasty Pinot Noir.
- Preparation Time25 mins
- Cooking Time55 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil with 1 tablespoon salt and a splash of oil. Add the lasagne sheets and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and set aside.
3. For the white sauce, bring the milk to a simmer in a saucepan. Set aside. Melt 8 tablespoons of the butter in a large saucepan. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Pour the hot milk into the butter-flour mixture all at once. Add 1 tablespoon salt, the pepper, and nutmeg, and cook over medium-low heat, stirring first with the wooden spoon and then with a whisk, for 3 to 5 minutes, until thick. Set aside off the heat.
4. Separate the mushroom stems from the caps and discard the stems. Slice the caps 1/4-inch thick. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large (12-inch) saute pan. When the butter melts, add half the mushrooms, sprinkle with salt, and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender and they release some of their juices. If they become too dry, add a little more oil. Toss occasionally to make sure the mushrooms cook evenly. Repeat with the remaining mushrooms and set all the mushrooms aside.
To assemble the lasagne, spread some of the sauce in the bottom of an 8 by 12 by 2-inch baking dish. Arrange a layer of sheets on top, then more sauce, then 1/3 of the mushrooms, and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan. Repeat 2 more times, layering sheets, sauce, mushrooms, and Parmesan. Top with a final layer of lasagne sheets and sauce, and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan.
5. Bake the lasagna for 45 minutes, or until the top is browned the sauce is bubbly and hot. Allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes and serve hot.
2006, Barefoot Contessa at Home, All Rights Reserved
Other recipes with mushroom
Wild mushroom grits with poached eggs and serrano chilli sauce and blue corn tortilla strips
Parma Ham and Wild Mushroom Beef Wellington
Gorgonzola and porcini mushroom risotto
Thai-Style Chicken, Shiitake and Tenderstem Brocolli with Noodles and Coconut Broth
Mushroom Ravioli, Olive Oil Mousseline, Cep Jus
Big-Batch Healthy Beef, Mushroom and Spinach Calzones
Cider Braised Pork Neck with White Bean and Mushroom Cassoulet
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Spring Baking Championship
A group of America’s top bakers compete in several exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring. The baker who comes out on top will claim the title of Baking Champion and take home an amazing cash prize.
Kids Baking Championship
A group of talented junior bakers compete in a series of very creative challenges to win the title of Kids Baking Champion and the $25,000 grand prize.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Man Fire Food
Roger Mooking travels across the USA to visit home cooks, pitmasters, and chefs who use inventive ways to cook with fire.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Giada At Home
Giada De Larentiis loves hosting intimate meals and big celebrations in her home. She shares her memorable and unique recipes and plenty of useful tips.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
Girl Meets Farm
Cookbook author and food blogger, Molly Yeh, makes delicious dishes inspired by her Jewish and Chinese heritage in her farmhouse kitchen in the Midwest.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Paul Hollywood City Bakes
Paul Hollywood travels the globe in search of the family bakeries, corner delis and luxury hotels which have created the baking heritage of entire cities.
Tom Kerridge's American Feast
Tom Kerridge travels across the United States, discovering the heart and soul of American food. The Michelin-starred chef samples the nation’s best dishes and puts his own spin on classic recipes.
Duff Takes The Cake
Duff Goldman and his team of decorators, designers and builders make epic, show-stopping cakes for milestone events and parties for their social media followers. Then, the special creations must be made and delivered on time and intact.
Giada In Italy
American raised but Italian-born, Giada De Larentiis returns to her roots in a culinary trip through Italy. She makes dishes inspired by her family and local traditions.
Brunch Club Strikes Again
It's Molly Yeh's turn to host Brunch Club with her friends. She makes blueberry cream cheese scones with yogurt glaze and bacon hasselback sweet potatoes.
Hidden Talent Party
Jade's Slumber Party
Big Game Bar Hop
Party In The Kitchen
Taste The World
Family Fun Day
2nd Annual Film Festival Party
A Night Of Decadence
Girls' Night In
Giada's Film Festival
Giada invites her friends over to watch the big game. She makes gourmet dishes like three-way sandwich, dips and chips and spicy Calabrian shrimp.