Tom Kerridge's Charred Pineapple with Salted Rum Caramel
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
NUT BROWN BUTTER
SALTED RUM AND CARAMEL SAUCE
1. In a pan heat the butter till it starts to turn nutty brown. Then add the lime juice to stop the butter from cooking and adding flavour.
2. Allow to cool a little and stir in the lime zest and leave to one side as we will brush the pineapple with this while it cooks.
3. For the pineapple brush the pineapple with a little olive oil to start off with, lay the pineapple onto the fire pit with the leaves hanging over the edge so they don’t burn, this will also allow you to turn them easily.
4. Whilst the pineapple is cooking brush the fruit with the nut-brown butter, this will help the pineapple caramelise while it roasts over the coals.
5. Rotate the pineapple for about every 2-3 minutes or so for a total cooking time of 12 minutes.
6. Meanwhile make the salted rum caramel sauce. Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer gently for 5 minutes or until lightly thickened.
7. Once the pineapple has caramelised, remove from the heat and rest for 5 minutes. Pour the caramel sauce, ice –cream coconut flakes and toasted pecans and serve.