Tom Kerridge's Grilled Cucumber Salad
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time40 mins
1. This is a great way of cooking cucumbers. Peel the cucumbers and then split them lengthways and lay onto a tray flat side up and sprinkle over the flaky salt and leave for an hour or so, this does two things, draws out the moisture and also seasons the cucumbers.
2. While the cucumber is salting add the drained chickpeas and mix with the oil, herbs, spices, and seasoning to a mixing bowl and stir well.
3. Once mixed lay the chickpeas out evenly on a large baking tray and place under a low grill. This will take a good 30-40 minutes to toast and crisp up. Once toasty and golden remove from the grill and cool.
4. When you are ready to cook the cucumbers, pick each one up and dry both sides with some paper towel.
5. Transfer to a dry tray drizzle with a little rapeseed oil and place face side down onto a hot barbeque griddle along with the halloumi and cook for 3 to 4 minutes and turn over, cook for 2 more minutes, and remove from the heat.
6. Lay on to a tray, pour over the lime juice and chilli flakes, then chop the cucumber and halloumi into bite sized pieces and place into a mixing bowl.
7. Add a little extra olive oil, herbs, pickled green chilli and toss together.
8. Season and serve with the lime wedges for an extra hit of citrus to lighten.